Looking for dive buddy

General banter about diving and why we love it.
ingyski
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Looking for dive buddy

Post by ingyski »

I am going to be up by Astoria in a few weeks and I am looking to do a day of diving. I have tried several times to contact Astoria Scuba to find a dive buddy/information about sites but they have not responded to my emails or they have not answered their phone.

Does anyone on here have a buddy or live up in that area to dive? Thanks
sava6e
Just Settling In

Re: Looking for dive buddy

Post by sava6e »

Hello!

Not sure how familiar you are to Oregon diving, there isn't any real pod dive sites in Astoria, south a little bit is your best bet for Oregon diving, again most people dive to hunt or just for fun but not the visibility youll get up in Washington. Where are you coming from and what do you want to dive for?
ingyski
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by ingyski »

sava6e,

Thanks for the reply. I live in Central Oregon so I know about diving Oregon. I am more or less just wanting to explore and get an idea of diving options. I am in the area that weekend for fun and I thought that I might just add some diving there to see.
sava6e
Just Settling In

Post by sava6e »

I'm planning on diving barview the 18th, not sure what weekend you'll be at the coast and if you are looking for a buddy or solo. Are there any good dive locations out your way?