Fire at God's Pocket

General banter about diving and why we love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Fire at God's Pocket

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Greetings from Port Hardy! We had a fire at God's Pocket tonight. Everyone's okay, and the damage is contained to the generator/battery shed. It was a huge fire though, with flames going over the top of the trees, with a huge plume of black smoke.

The staff at God's Pocket was very professional in their response to contain the fire and evacuate the guests. Everyone feels so bad for Bill and Annie. Send them your wishes.

Guests are staying the night in Port Hardy tonight. Our trip was cut a few days short so we may hit some sites on the way back.

It was a really good trip otherwise. First class as always. 80'+ viz with tons of colors and critters. I'll post a more complete trip report later. I'm sure GP will be up on their feet again soon.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
cofford
Aquaphile

Re: Fire at God's Pocket

Post by cofford »

Sadness. That's the best diving resort, period. I hope Bill and Annie get back up and running soon!
Powered by Puppies and Ice Cream.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Sorry to hear that, Glad you got some good dives in and I hope everything is covered so they can get things back up without to much out of pocket. Sure glad they were able to contain it and it didn't get into the docks and quarters.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Glad you are all safe -- and my very best thoughts to Bill and Annie. They run a first-rate operation. I hope the damage wasn't too expensive to repair.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

Wow, I was just telling my husband how great this place looked for vacation this year. Hope everyone is up soon. Terrible news.
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.
DanClements
Just Settling In

Post by DanClements »

I am doing an article on the fire and how to help for Pacific Northwest Diver Magazine. Do you have any photos we could include in the article? We really want to help Bill and Annie any way we can.
Dan Clements
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Nice! I'll PM you the name of somebody who has photos of the fire.

To All -- Please help support Annie and Bill by keeping their charters full -- they have openings in May, if that works for you.

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
DanClements
Just Settling In

Post by DanClements »

Thanks Eric!
Dan Clements