There is no such thing as a dumb question....

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

There is no such thing as a dumb question....

Post by Scubie Doo »

I saw this today and had a nice chuckle. I hope the post isn't someone from the board. If it is, I am laughing with you not at you :-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 9.40.17 AM.png
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Re: There is no such thing as a dumb question....

Post by oldsalt »

Jesse: I grew up reading tide tables and navigating with charts. Imagine my chagrin when a 28 year-old cousin visiting from Vermont saw a car towing a boat trailer and asked, "How do they get the boat off the trailer and into the water?"
-Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

oldsalt wrote:Jesse: I grew up reading tide tables and navigating with charts. Imagine my chagrin when a 28 year-old cousin visiting from Vermont saw a car towing a boat trailer and asked, "How do they get the boat off the trailer and into the water?"
-Curt :rawlings:
... to which you reply "just drive it down the boat ramp" ... :BDub:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

I think they saw the 17 - 18 number and thought the lowest point was 5:17 although I am not sure where they got the 5?? And then they thought that the graph was split by minutes?
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

RenaB wrote:I think they saw the 17 - 18 number and thought the lowest point was 5:17 although I am not sure where they got the 5?? And then they thought that the graph was split by minutes?
On the xtide website, you see the high and low times listed above the graph.
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

Yes, I know that, but you do have to scroll over the graph to get those, they are listed down at the bottom. I was trying to figure out where they got the numbers they gave. Usually, there is an explaination as to what someone is looking at.....but maybe not.....
Rena

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

I thought the response was funny. Reminds me of work, explain why the forecast is lower than expected. Look at the forecast, not sure why you can't figure it out. Just struck me as funny.
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

RenaB wrote:Yes, I know that, but you do have to scroll over the graph to get those, they are listed down at the bottom. I was trying to figure out where they got the numbers they gave. Usually, there is an explaination as to what someone is looking at.....but maybe not.....
Only thing we know is for sure is that they specified the date of April 21. We have no idea what tide chart the person asking the question is looking at - could be anywhere from Campbell River, B.C. to Santa Cruz, CA.
Scubie Doo wrote:I thought the response was funny. Reminds me of work, explain why the forecast is lower than expected. Look at the forecast, not sure why you can't figure it out. Just struck me as funny.
Yeah - all the response was missing was, "...dumbass." :rofl:
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

Yes, :)
Rena