PB4Y Bomber Line is Still Great

General banter about diving and why we love it.
DiveZen
Frequent Bubbler

PB4Y Bomber Line is Still Great

Post by DiveZen »

Guillaume, Casey and I dove the PB4Y yesterday and the line is still awesome. Viz was decent on the wreck and deco was smooth on the way back. A perfect after work relaxing deco dive.

Thanks again to Scott Christopher and Erik Foreman for all their work putting that in! (I know other folks helped too...Thanks! Not trying to not give credit where it's due.)

In case you don't know what I'm talking about:

The PB4Y is a Gorgeous bomber in Lake Washington.

You cand find more in: http://www.boydski.com/diving/dives/PB4Y-wreck.htm

Or watch a sweet video from Lauren (Seainggreen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8BEGueqaIw
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: PB4Y Bomber Line is Still Great

Post by CaptnJack »

You might be surprised to learn Ben McGeever of DiveXtras (and James Noveras) put that in about 9 years ago now (I would have to check my logbook). Until that time Gavins and the other available SLA scooters didn't even have a compass. The Bomber was one of the first long "off shore" wrecks done by compass alone around here (or really anywhere in North America). Sadly its gotten pretty beat up since then.

The Bomber was my first scooter dive the next day :luv:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I cant even imagine myself ever having that kind of accuracy by compass alone
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... especially in typical Lake Washington vis. My first trip to the bomber I think we circled under the wing twice before we realized it was there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Fantastic dive!! Its really dang awesome that so many people in the community have dedicated time to maintain that line over the years! its a never ending struggle with the lines in the lake I tell ya!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Thanks for the video shout out! The bomber is one of my favorite dives.

I think Richard is right in that Ben and/or Andrew G originally put in the line quite some time ago. IIRC they dropped in from a boat and then took a heading to shore and ran it in. Over time it's been snagged and pulled goodness-knows-how-many times and I think it's even been re-installed in its entirety once or twice along the way. I know Scott's put some time into it along with others.

The PB4Y has definitely taken a beating since my first dive on it 10 years ago, but it's still an all-time epic PNW dive. :)
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC