Lost Sea Life - W Seattle Fishing Reef

General banter about diving and why we love it.
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Lost Sea Life - W Seattle Fishing Reef

Post by diverden »

A friend of mine (new, excited, good diver) sadly somehow lost her Sea Life camera Saturday morning on the West Seattle Fishing Reef: 2014-09-13 ~10-11 AM. She loves diving but is a starving marine biologist and it's a big bummer. If you hear anything please advise! Thanks!!!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: Lost Sea Life - W Seattle Fishing Reef

Post by pogiguy05 »

Sorry to hear that they lost a camera and just for future ideas, take a pic of your contact info and leave it on the camera so that if lost it can be reunited if found by an honest person.

The other question would be was it positively or negatively buoyant? IF it floated then that thing could be anywhere by now. Hope they get it back.
Jeff Castor
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

Taking a pic of contact info was discussed after the camera was gone :) We're not sure on the buoyancy... I've had one of these and it depended on the depth. Probably negative at 50-65ft.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

diverden wrote:Taking a pic of contact info was discussed after the camera was gone :) We're not sure on the buoyancy... I've had one of these and it depended on the depth. Probably negative at 50-65ft.
Unfortunately either way surge and current will take it where ever it wishes. Just look at Redondo dive site since I started diving 8 years ago. Beetle just about gone,3 light shade mounds strewn everywhere,pipe boat not looking good at all, GEODOME went missing a couple years back as did the swing that was next to it, and lastly the shallower of the two boats is pretty much toast of its former self.
Jeff Castor