Dive workshop with NWGratefuldiver

General banter about diving and why we love it.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Dive workshop with NWGratefuldiver

Post by LowDrag »

Danee and I went up north this past weekend to do a workshop with Bob. We had such a great time hanging out with Bob for the weekend. During the workshop we worked on our buoyancy, trim and propulsion techniques. I was amazed at how I felt in the water after getting my weights arranged so that I was in true trim versus what I thought was trim. On Sunday I was working on arranging my weights to get the ankle weight off the neck of my tank but I did not quite get the balance right. Not being in trim again really helped cement the feeling in my mind. We found that we need to add a tank band to Danee's rig to get her in trim. We both learned the basics on frog kicking which was fun. I don't know what Danee looked like but I bet I looked pretty awkward. On Sunday Danee couldn't equalize so at her insistance we took her back to the stairs (Redondo) and an instructor there helped her get to the car. She insisted that Bob and go back out and complete our dive. Man!!! Was that a crack up. Bob signaled for me to try a helicopter turn. I looked like one of those whirly bird seed things that fall out of the trees. I was watching my Luna as I turned and to my surprise I started to sink. It took a few times trying but I eventually got a fairly decent helicopter turn out of it.

So...if anyone is looking for someone to do a dive workshop with or needs some assistance with anything dive related give Bob a call or drop him a PM here. I am sure that whatever you need help with he can help you get it straightened out. I know I have improved so far and will continue improve thanks to Bob teaching me some things I needed to learn.

Thanks Bob!!! Danee and I are looking forward to coming back up to wrap up the workshop
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive workshop with NWGratefuldiver

Post by Grateful Diver »

It was fun ... looking forward to the follow-up week-end in November ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Bob is indeed a legend!
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Danee and I definitely had a good time. We are both looking forward to going back up to hang out with Bob in a couple of weeks.
ggthatcher
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ggthatcher »

I'm excited. After 2 aborted attempts due to low-vis, my son and I are in the water with Bob next weekend.
Come on visibility.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

ggthatcher wrote:I'm excited. After 2 aborted attempts due to low-vis, my son and I are in the water with Bob next weekend.
Come on visibility.

I hope you guys have a good time!!!
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Had a great weekend in Seattle with Bob Bailey. I finished his Trim, Buoyancy and Propulsion skills workshop this weekend. I had a blast diving with Bob and I learned a ton!!! Thanks Bob for a great workshop and a great weekend. I would HIGHLY recommend Bob's workshop's to anyone.