Any Females using the HOG fin?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Any Females using the HOG fin?

Post by Norris »

I have someone here at the office really looking to get her cold water gear. She is really interested in the HOG fins but is unsure what size. She wears a 7.5 shoe. Anyone have these can you give me any insight? I was assuming large
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Re: Any Females using the HOG fin?

Post by diverden »

Doesn't it really depend on what kind of boot she has? I would guess large too. I'd be worried anything smaller would not give her enough thrust with a cold water kit.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It really depends on the boots. She could be a large or a medium. I'm a medium in a lot of fins in wetsuit booties or Turbosoles, and a large in dry suit boots or wetsuit boots with a thick sole. (Size 7 shoe)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Agreed, yeah that's why I assumed large. Rock/Drysuit boot needs to be factored in. Thanks LCF with the considerations you offer I believe the Large is going to be a safe bet.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

My fiance's size 6.5 feet with some medium bulky drysuit boots fit my size large oms fins, which are about the same foot pocket size as the HOG fins. They fit my feet if in neoprene booties, but I need an xl HOG fin with boots and a drysuit. If the spring straps don't fit right, the xs scuba straps work, are more secure, and are easier to find the right size. I put the hog straps on the oms fins, and put xs straps on the hogs.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Thanks for the input, appreciated
CAPTNJACK - 2012**