Three Tree Point, the point

General banter about diving and why we love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Three Tree Point, the point

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Has anybody dove Three Tree Point out at the point? (scooter or boat dive)
Anything out there?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Three Tree Point, the point

Post by Scubie Doo »

YellowEye wrote:Hi
Has anybody dove Three Tree Point out at the point? (scooter or boat dive)
Anything out there?
Penders and I dove the South beach to help my wife's uncle set a buoy. There was absolutely nothing out there. I know that isn't the area you are asking about. But he is 3-4 houses from the point.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Thanks.
I've been to the south too. Blech!!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I seem to remember talking to someone who scootered the whole thing and didn't report anything there worth going back for.

I'm guessing that the exposed "tip" could get interesting with current and winds. One of the thing that makes TTN such a good dive site is that point shelters the "bay" area where we dive from wind and tidal currents somewhat.

Find someone with a scooter, buy them a beverage, and wait for one of those 50' viz days that we sometimes get at this site. An exploratory dive in even 20' viz and you could miss a lot. When the viz is epic a single pass at 50-70fsw covers most of what is there.

I did the South side a couple years ago in 50'+ viz. Not a whole lot there, but in the epic viz you could see the contours and the odds and ends structure that you would find (not much at all) could be checked out for the lonely critters hanging out on them.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I was planning to scoot Three Tree South and the Secret Reef on the 29th. Maybe I'll buzz out to the point as well and report back. :)