Port townsend commissioners meeting

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Port townsend commissioners meeting

Post by Dusty2 »

For those who follow this sort of thing the port commissioners will be meeting Monday afternoon to discus repair or replacement of the Hudson point jetty and dolfin. Probably not very well known but in October a rather large yacht hit the jetty pier and caused some serious damage. Now the port has to come up with a plan to repair it. The snag is that it is old and has creosote pilings so we run into the DNR's new rules and regs so the port is having a meeting Monday to put forward there ideas and hopefully take input from interested parties. For most this probably isn't all that big of a deal. For me it's a BIG deal and it does concern a popular dive site (my most popular) and an important nursery site for a lot of marine species you won't find in the sound. The site is IMO one of the most diverse sites in the NW and a favorite for a lot of divers.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Port townsend commissioners meeting

Post by YellowEye »

Man this really sucks, it is a very awesome site!
Are you going to be making it?
Hope we have a voice from the dive community!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Port townsend commissioners meeting

Post by Dusty2 »

Yes I will be there as well as Karen Mills and her husband. I'm hoping that some of the clubs that dive there will send someone and other Hudson regulars will show too. I realize that it is a bad time for working folks but I'd like to see some representation from the dive community.