Harper Pier/Barbara G

General banter about diving and why we love it.
wannabedivin
Getting To Know Folks

Harper Pier/Barbara G

Post by wannabedivin »

Here is the latest long term plans for Harper Pier. Also check out the Harper Pier group on Facebook

"we are working on steps to the beach. Improvement for parking and making Harper and official underwater park so that an artificial reef can be built in the future. We might need some divers to tell about why artificial reefs are beneficial. And how much the diving community uses the Harper site. I'll let you know when we get that far. "
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: Harper Pier/Barbara G

Post by BillZ »

Is that the "Friends of Harper Pier" Group on Facebook? I'm a member and didn't see a post on there about diving.

Just an FYI...
Ratfishlvr, CaptnJack and I ran a line from the outermost piling to the BarbaraG three weeks ago. It looks like a large boat tore through the wreck trying to pull their anchor and the BarbaraG is now in rough shape.
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

Post by ratfishlvr »

Ya , the poor old girl is in rough shape. Kind of a pile of assorted boat parts with a couple of discarded anchor lines strung over the top of it. Sad. It would be cool to have a bunch of those concrete reef balls down there though.
wannabedivin
Getting To Know Folks

Post by wannabedivin »

I specifically asked about this info from some of the organizers and the diving information was provided to me with permission to share with all divers.