Need OMS Parts or Service?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
lynchpit2
Avid Diver

Need OMS Parts or Service?

Post by lynchpit2 »

I was having an issue with an OMS O2 analyzer so I called DUI to find out where I can go for support on them since they bought OMS.
They sent me to Bill Routh at Lake Jocasee Dive Shop in Salem SC.
When I called Bill he was extremely nice and willing to take the time to help with my problem.

When we were done we got on the topic of OMS being bought by DUI.

He said he used to be the larges OMS dealer in the states so after DUI took any gear they wanted from the OMS warehouse, the (old) owner called him and asked if he wanted the remaining inventory. He made 2 trips to NY to get all the remaining gear.

He essentially has all the remaining inventory in the US. (aside from what other shops may have left over)

As DUI is making changes to many things, including the bladders, if you need replacements for your old gear you can go to him for parts.

One of the big things he emphasized is he has a very large inventory of OMS regulator rebuild kits. It appears DUI will not be supporting those going forward.

Oh and he also said he has seen a lot of the changes they are making to OMS and he is very impressed. (dive specific clips that you can work with thick gloves on etc.) He said he hopes to see OMS get back to the days when they were the top of the line tech company.

So if you need anything OMS that is 2014 or older, give them a call.

Mon-Fri 9-5
Sat-Sun 8-6
Other times call 864-944-9255 for service

Lake Jocassee Dive Shop
710 Dive Buddy Lane, Salem, SC 29676
Telephone: 864.944.9255

http://jocasseediveshop.com/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Need OMS Parts or Service?

Post by Dusty2 »

Thanks, That is valuable info. Maybe OMS will will be able to shake the reputation for poor and non existent service it has gained over the last few years. It is sad to see a company run into the ground like that after having gained popularity and name recognition but it seems to be the norm in the industry.