Public Meeting Announcement: Saltwater State Park project

General banter about diving and why we love it.
scubajen
Avid Diver

Public Meeting Announcement: Saltwater State Park project

Post by scubajen »

I wanted to let everyone know about a public meeting coming up about the proposed shoreline and creek restoration project at Saltwater State Park. It has the potential to affect scuba diving in a few ways, including scuba-related park amenities, potential re-use of boulders for underwater structure, and partial or full removal of the bulkhead north of the creek in exchange for beach (easier in/out from north of the creek). If you care about the park from diving (or other) perspectives, please consider attending and making your voice heard.

There is additional info on the website: www.kingcounty.gov/saltwatersp

From the website:
We will be holding a public meeting on March 23rd to get your input. Please join us from 7 to 9 pm at the Founders Lodge, Beach Park Event Center, Des Moines. The address for Beach Park is 22030 Cliff Ave. S., Des Moines WA 98198. You can get directions here, and find us at the Founders Lodge. Check back here in the coming days for additional information on the meeting.

In the coming days check the website for more info on the format of the meeting.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Public Meeting Announcement: Saltwater State Park project

Post by Scubak »

Please post again as the days get closer...as a reminder...
I would love to attend but sometimes things get lost on my calendar.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
scubajen
Avid Diver

Post by scubajen »

The meeting is coming up fast! It's next Wednesday. Here is a press release about it:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp/ne ... -Park.aspx