phosphoric acid

General banter about diving and why we love it.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

phosphoric acid

Post by CaptnJack »

Does anyone know a source for quart or gallon sizes of phosphoric acid? I have some steel 72s and skinny neck 100s that I want to O2 clean and get the remnant rust out of. Yes I have a tumbler but the bottoms are especially hard to get rust free. I have used naval jelly intermittently in the past, but its not cheap and the jelly bits actually dilute the active ingredient more than I'd like.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: phosphoric acid

Post by CaptnJack »

It is available via amazon, I was hoping for someplace local though...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Westmar in Lynnwood
www.wesmarcompany.com
5720 204th St SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
P: (206) 783-5344 ; 800-824-4917

Or I can give you a quart next time I see you.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Hmmm wonder what else is in the kleanstrip? As in something non-O2 compatible?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Got nervous about other ingredients in the kleanstrip and Lynnwood is sucktastic to drive to. So I ended up ordering a gallon on Amazon for $37. It's 85% acid too so should only take a small amount.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Diet Coke
I've successfully used a solution of Diet Coke and white vinegar to remove stubborn corrosion from small parts. Let soak for an hour or two, no more. Not 100% sure about the application for O2 cleaning the inside of a tank, but using Simple Green afterward would remove all residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

While I could try the diet coke route I really don't want to tumble them twice. Once is pain enough.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Oh those skinny necks are no fun to tumble
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

There's always Ospho which isn't that uncommon at hardware and paint stores.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

renoun wrote:There's always Ospho which isn't that uncommon at hardware and paint stores.
And that coating is 100% O2 safe? Maybe its the same as the global rust inhibitor but I don't honestly know?
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

CaptnJack wrote:
renoun wrote:There's always Ospho which isn't that uncommon at hardware and paint stores.
And that coating is 100% O2 safe? Maybe its the same as the global rust inhibitor but I don't honestly know?
I believe the reaction converts ferrous-oxide to iron-phosphate but can't vouch for the other ingredients.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I already ordered some pure acid on amazon, the other ingredients scare me with pure o2 around. And washing 2x means re-rusting.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

85% is wicked strong even diluted down to about 50%. Just for comparison, does anyone know the concentration in navel jelly?