Possible Possession Point Park Surplussing

General banter about diving and why we love it.
DanClements
Just Settling In

Possible Possession Point Park Surplussing

Post by DanClements »

Hi All:

State Parks is looking at the possibility of surplussing Possession Point. If you would not like to see this beautiful dive site sold off, then send an email ASAP to the contacts below.

Thanks,

Dan Clements
www.e-Clements.com

Sent from my iPad: Please excuse creative spelling and syntax.

From: Island Beach Access Members <info@islandbeachaccess.org>
Date: Sunday, April 24, 2016
Subject: Island Beach Access Members: POSSIBLE RECLASSIFICATION OF POSSESSION POINT STATE PARK
To: Island Beach Access Members Subscriber <p2dive@gmail.com>

(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Attention everyone!
I call your attention to an important State Parks meeting this coming Tuesday (4/26) from 6-8PM in Freeland wherein plans for what to do with Possession Point State Park will be discussed. Below is a brief background and why it is important.

State Parks is going through a Classification and Management Planning (CAMP) process with South Whidbey State Park, but then added in two other south end units, Useless Bay and Possession Point at the last minute.

Basically, the uplands at Possession Point have been proposed for designation as "surplus" and set up to be sold/traded/given away. If no public entity were to step in, it would ultimately be offered for sale to the general public. If there is sufficient public outcry, state parks officials will reconsider.

The property is beautiful, historic, and majestic, offering great nature trails on the south end of the island, and is a Washington Water Trails kayak overnight site. For further background, see the excellent cover story in Saturday’s South Whidbey Record.
If you are a hiker, beach-walker, kayaker, or all the above, I urge you to attend the public hearing next Tuesday to convey your thoughts and concerns. If you cannot attend, you can register your concerns by email.

We hope to see you there.

State Parks and Recreation Commission announcement:

State Parks Meeting

Tuesday, April 26th ~ 6 – 8 p.m.

Whidbey Water Services
5585 Lotto Ave., Freeland

The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission invites the public
to attend a question-and-answer session about South Whidbey State Park
and the Possession Point and Useless Bay state park properties.

Information about the planning project is available online at:
http://bit.ly/sowhidbeyparkplan

Opportunities for public comment will be available at the meeting,
and public comment also may be provided by contacting:

Randy Kline, Parks Planner
(360) 902-8632
randy.kline@parks.wa.gov
Dan Clements
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Possible Possession Point Park Surplussing

Post by CaptnJack »

Surplus in this case means transfer to Island County Parks, DNR, or WDFW.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.