Mukilteo

General banter about diving and why we love it.
PapaZ
Compulsive Diver

Mukilteo

Post by PapaZ »

With the loss of the pier at Mukilteo and the crabbing......
Has anyone been diving around the Boeing dock and if so,
have the crabs moved to that area making it worthwhile to
do some crabbing there this summer?
:)
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo

Post by H20doctor »

yes , i was there today ...Lots of crab , so far so good , should be a good year
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Oh yeah. I'm hungry all ready.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

A few words of caution about diving around the Port of Everett (Boeing) dock. This is a working dock and the long shoreman / tug operators get very upset if you are diving aound or in the dock while they are dropping off or picking up a barge I have seen them get very upset with divers there. We did talk to one of the security guards that works at the dock and he said it was ok to dive around it. Also if there is a barge docked there it is considered an overhead environmant so dive underneath it at your own risk.
I think that at some point in the near future that too many divers diving this site will get us banished due to possible interference with the main purpose of this dock which is delivery of airplane parts.
Just my $0.02.

Mike
gasbreather
Just Settling In

Post by gasbreather »

Yes dove this site a lot last year for crab. I was underwater when they moved the barge once, it is definitely a working pier.
- Joe R
Steiger
Avid Diver

Post by Steiger »

So would it be prudent to ask the habor authority when would be a good time to dive that location?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Rockfish..What you were talking about it at the north Boeing dock.... We are talking diff dock.. not diving anywhere near that North Boeing dock ...so that is not the crab area... the crab area is the destroyed old fuel Pier and now that it's destroyed it is 100% open for diving

I don't know how anybody would get access to that North Boeing train dock, Because it's all cut off and you can't get in there and the signs say no trespassing...
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Steiger wrote:So would it be prudent to ask the habor authority when would be a good time to dive that location?
No Boeing owns that dock and it's restricted...
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

OK so you were diving the old fuel dock site that was torn out last year.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

H20doctor wrote: I don't know how anybody would get access to that North Boeing train dock, Because it's all cut off and you can't get in there and the signs say no trespassing...
Chris: Edgewater Park is open now. I see divers going in right next to it.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

oldsalt wrote:
H20doctor wrote: I don't know how anybody would get access to that North Boeing train dock, Because it's all cut off and you can't get in there and the signs say no trespassing...
Chris: Edgewater Park is open now. I see divers going in right next to it.
-Curt
You wound know this answer as you live there curt.. The fence / gate for the Noaa peeps says no public access, so unless there's another driveway to get back in there ?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Rockfish wrote:OK so you were diving the old fuel dock site that was torn out last year.

Yes that was the main spot since I've been scuba diving and it has been the honey hole because of all of the muscles that grew on the pilings... the crabs would climb the pilings break the muscles off and feed on them on the floor.. so if divers are now diving the Boeing Pier I don't see that happening because those pilings are made out of a different material and think they're either metal or concrete? so I'm not sure if the same muscle growth is happening on those pilings, but anyway if it's open it's open. ..I'm not here to be the scuba police... :) I've only done one scuba dive in there and it was on scooter :supz:
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

You can access the park from Mukilteo Lane. Going up from the ferry landing, turn left on second street. From second, turn left on Mukilteo Lane. You will see the place where you can cross the railroad tracks. It's a good entry point. I saw morningdiverbob diving there.

Curt
Happy to be alive.
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

oldsalt wrote:You can access the park from Mukilteo Lane. Going up from the ferry landing, turn left on second street. From second, turn left on Mukilteo Lane. You will see the place where you can cross the railroad tracks. It's a good entry point. I saw morningdiverbob diving there.

Curt
Shhhhh. DL, Curt, DL!! I had that parking lot to myself the entire crabbing season. Pulling my crab limit every morning. Then one morning, another diver parked next to me. Uh oh. Secrets out.
-Erika
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

H20doctor wrote:
Rockfish wrote:OK so you were diving the old fuel dock site that was torn out last year.

Yes that was the main spot since I've been scuba diving and it has been the honey hole because of all of the muscles that grew on the pilings... the crabs would climb the pilings break the muscles off and feed on them on the floor.. so if divers are now diving the Boeing Pier I don't see that happening because those pilings are made out of a different material and think they're either metal or concrete? so I'm not sure if the same muscle growth is happening on those pilings, but anyway if it's open it's open. ..I'm not here to be the scuba police... :) I've only done one scuba dive in there and it was on scooter :supz:
I actually really enjoy diving that dock. While it's a really long Saltwater St Park type walk-a-swim out there to get to anything good, the end of those pilings are pretty beautiful. I've found the giant tractor tire pile with octos and other critters. And if you wanna Moon Snail show, there's thousands there and there's a couple bottle fields as well.
-Erika
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Edgewater,T Dock (really looks like an "I"), Fuel Dock, Boeing Dock, Old Fuel Dock. It's hard to follow even for someone who has been there many times. There's even one web site that mistakenly refers to the Fuel dock as the T Dock. So for those struggling with it I offer this:

ImageMukilteo Dive sites by ohopdiver, on Flickr

The big X means it has been removed.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

DO NOT EVER DIVE THE BOEING DOCK, EVER. There are sharks, Orcas, and leopard seals all looking for anything resembling a seal.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Erika you will be fine with your pink tank
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

Norris wrote:DO NOT EVER DIVE THE BOEING DOCK, EVER. There are sharks, Orcas, and leopard seals all looking for anything resembling a seal.
Yup. Stories are true! pseudo science reports are all over it!
-Erika
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I was attacked the other day at the dock by this...
bearsharktopus-bearsharktopus-demotivational-poster-1253670891.jpg
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

The T-dock used to be T-shaped. Then the storm that damaged Ivars so that it had to close for a year converted the T into a lower case "i" . Ron Sallee and I were diving it then. It was kind of freaky with the pilings coming down. The exit was an adrenalin rush, with the surf breaking over the seawall. Driftwood was lying in the intersection when we left.
Sorry Erika, I didn't know it was your secret.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

I loved the old fuel dock for picture taking. Can live without the crabbing. Is the Boeing dock similar? Could I convince someone to show me around some time?

...I can say the photos were taken at the T-Dock if anyone asks. I know how precious parking is.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

There is plenty of parking at Edgewater Park (Boeing pier), and it's free.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.