Missing Diver???

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Missing Diver???

Post by Seaslave »

I was out crabbing tonight in Birch bay and heard the US Coast Guard anounce that there was a missing diver between Orcas Island and Barnes Island. They gave the GPS numbers and the time and asked for any vessels in the area to keep a look out. I am very familiar with that area and the current can really rip through there. I started calling all my dive buddies to check on them and so far know one knows anything. Hope it turns out okay....

-Mathue
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Missing Diver???

Post by Scubak »

Heard a blip on the news...
Nothing much...
K
"Let's go diving!"
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Don't know if it is related but my girlfriend works at a local hospital and said that one of the doctor's died in a scuba accident yesterday or earlier this week, said it was a heart attack not diving related but happend in the water??
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/sanjuans/is ... 73967.html

sounds like no answers yet. I'm taking my wife on her first boat dive to the SanJuans & this has her freaked out. I wish we knew more. my condolences to the family.
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I hate to hear about this kind of thing. A guy who was installing tile on my current project mentioned that he had heard about a missing diver near Orcas today, but since there was no chatter on here, I figured he was just confused. I hope he's sitting on a rock, waving at search helicopters right now. But I doubt it. I'll keep hoping for the best, though.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
supacooper
Avid Diver

Post by supacooper »

clongdon
Frequent Bubbler

Post by clongdon »

I found this message on http://www.bellinghamherald.com/590/story/1028033.html

My heart goes out to the family.

Hello, My name is Maria Laing. I am Michael Scherner's mother. I just returned from Bellingham yesterday, August 18th. Michael's body had not been found. Michael's stepfather, Tim, and I went out on a boat in the area where Michael was last seen (bubbles, that is). Tim, Jeremy Jones (friend of Michael's and owner of the Washington Divers, Inc.) and I cast flowers upon the ocean waters and remembered him with love.

I would be very happy to hear from anyone who knew Michael. My e-mail address is Maria@wcoil.com. Hopefully, we will create a blog where we can post pictures and memories in his honor. There will be a huge hole in my life without him. Blessings to you all. Maria
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

My Prayers go out to Michael's family and friends, So sad.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: