Pt. Hudson photos

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Pt. Hudson photos

Post by Dusty2 »

After Jesse's post I'm almost embarrassed to post my stuff but here goes. Last trip to PT the weather was not co-operating and we only managed 2 days out of 5 and one of those it was snowing like heck when we went in.

I did get a couple of cockerell shots I liked though and the other usual suspects.
0025wnet.jpg
0027wcunet.jpg
0029wnet.jpg
0023net.jpg
0056wecu.jpg
Actually found a leopard nudie laying
0069.JPG
This is the first time I have been able to find a Padded sculpin with eggs and this daddy has done himself proud. There are contributions from 12 or more females in this nest.
0095-net.JPG
0099wcu.JPG
This guy is trying to do his part too
0111wcu.JPG
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Re: Pt. Hudson photos

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Great shots! I love the Cockerell's Dorid shots--those are not easy to get considering how tiny they are.

LOVE the purple eggs--gorgeous!
Jenn
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

love those Cockerellis. They're always one of my favorites :-)
Dan Hershman :smt024
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

nice eggs, and I like the gills you can see on the cockerell's dorid!
are you going this week?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Come on Rich, it was one of those nights :) Your pics are always great (especially that third one). Plus, you are one of the photographers that inspired me to even pickup a camera.

BTW- did you use your diopter on the nudi photos? If so which one?
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

enchantmentdivi wrote:Great shots! I love the Cockerell's Dorid shots--those are not easy to get considering how tiny they are.

LOVE the purple eggs--gorgeous!
I love the Cockerell's too. So colorful and so small and hard to see especially up there where there are so many orange social assidians. I love the different shades of the eggs. They too are very small. Daddy is only about 3" to 4". If you look below the painted greenling you see that he already has eggs in his nest too. Tis the season.

Thanks Jesse ya kinda have me at a disadvantage with the satellite your packin. To tell the truth I do know if I had the diaopter down or not on shot 3. If I did it would have been the big one. I don't carry the little guy.
YellowEye wrote:nice eggs, and I like the gills you can see on the cockerell's dorid!
are you going this week?
I don't think so, They are really early times and only a couple of days. I'll let you know if that changes.

Strike that! I may indeed Head up tomorrow???? Like I say though they are early times!