Unusual deep nudi sightings

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
renoun
I've Got Gills

Unusual deep nudi sightings

Post by renoun »

The Marine Detective has a great blog post with an unusual range extending set of Nudibranchs sightings.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Unusual deep nudi sightings

Post by LCF »

Wow -- I suppose it would make sense that you could find some nudis deep, since a lot of the things they eat aren't dependent on sunlight or algae.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Kudos to this person for taking the time to see and report these little guys. These kinds of equipment can provide far more than sound recordings. Anything left at depth for a significant period should be considered a gold mine of information and not just another piece of equipment recovered from depth.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I've actually got a personal connection to the crew of the John P. Tully. One winter night in 1998 they rescued my current housemate, an ex-girlfriend, and several other friends from what could have easily become a fatal boating accident off Sidney B.C. It is easy to like the Canadian Coast Guard, the positions all civil service jobs without any law enforcement responsibilities. I'm pretty sure I've been hearing some the same people on the radio for a decade now.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Very cool!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman