Rockfish get their water back

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Rockfish get their water back

Post by CaptnJack »

Operationally, this doesn't change much. But even though it took NOAA three years, they finally recognized the obvious - fish need water :p

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/articl ... 710021.php
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Rockfish get their water back

Post by Penopolypants »

CaptnJack wrote:Operationally, this doesn't change much. But even though it took NOAA three years, they finally recognized the obvious - fish need water :p
Whoa, that's crazy talk! :)

Out of curiosity, I've seen yelloweye in various fish markets around town. Where is it coming from? I've been told a variety of things from the market people, but I got the impression that they didn't know much.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Good question, I'm guessing BC or Alaska? Commercial harvest of rockfish in Puget Sound has been closed for years and years. Are you sure they are Yelloweye? There are alot of orangy-red rockfish commercially harvested in AK. If I remember my Milton Love factoids correctly, shortrakers are one of the most abundant. And they are pretty orangy-red.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Hmm....now I'm not sure. I will check the next time I go back.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!