your Christmas present

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Greg Jensen
Amphibian

your Christmas present

Post by Greg Jensen »

Here's a Christmas present for all the sculpin lovers (and haters) out there- sorry that your gift is late (you can blame UPS):

My sculpin e-book has been expanded a bit, but more importantly, is now a pdf instead of in that .exe (for execrable) format. Now you can put it on your mobile devices and enjoy it anywhere. Download it at http://www.molamarine.com by clicking on the red irish lord.

This version has a table of contents with hyperlinks so you can jump right to the species you want, and actually has a logical organization to it. Enjoy!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: your Christmas present

Post by Dusty2 »

Awesome Christmas present Greg! Great update, lots more pix and great info for some of the more ambiguous ones out there. A lot more user friendly too!

Thanks for a great new resource. It will get tons of use from me for sure!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Great photography, and what a tool to these sometimes so hard to ID fish. Although I know I will still make mistakes.
Let me know when to order the crab & shrimp book.
Thank you for the Christmas present...
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Hooray! I have pored over the original until, were it a paper book, it would be dog-eared and worn. Happy to have a new version to vent my sculpin frustrations on!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

So useful! Thanks for turning it into a pdf!
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

woohoo! Thanks so much! Fun reading and searching ahead!
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

Just finished my first quick read-thru.

Thank you! :notworthy: :partydance:

What excellent pictures of the Threadfin. Great lighting. Great detail. And all the silt that was still on the bottom -- and not stirred up. Great technique and skill!

Please consider offering a class through UW or Evergreen-- Sculpins of the PNW-- with tidepooling and scuba field trips expected for students to make a "class field collection" through photos. Help beef up the REEF data set and educate a bunch of us on where to find some of these more elusive critters and what we are seeing when we observe them. I know I for one would be interested...
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Yay!... very cool.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
PeninsulaDiver
Aquaphile

Post by PeninsulaDiver »

Very well done and perfect timing. :notworthy:
I was able to easily identify a "new to me" Silverspotted Sculpin I found last weekend.

Thank You!

-Mark
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yay!

Thank You!!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman