Winged Sea Slugs

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
dphershman
Aquanaut

Winged Sea Slugs

Post by dphershman »

One of my favorite little critters is the Winged Sea Slug Gastropteron pacificum. These guys are the size of a pea or smaller, and have a way of fluttering past your nose when you least expect. On those rare times when I manage to get a focused shot they show a lovely color pattern.

This one was in the shallows of Sunrise Beach last Saturday morning.

Dan
Dan Hershman :smt024
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Winged Sea Slugs

Post by Scubie Doo »

These are cool critters. Nice shots!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I have a personal fondness for that animal, because it saved me a great deal of embarrassment a long time ago.

You see, I was doing my GUE Fundamentals class, and not doing particularly well at it. I can't remember exactly WHICH skill I was in the process of muddling up, but Laura James was the videographer, and got completely bemused by one of these critters, and turned to filming it, instead of the mess I was making.

There were enough moments of humility in the Fundies video. A winged gastropod saved me from one of them.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Super cute!!
I love those guys! Great pics!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Nice shots, not easy target to track while they "fly" around
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown