We did it !!!!

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

We did it !!!!

Post by Curt McNamee »

Four new rEvo divers in Seattle.

Curt McNamee
Mel Clark (soon to be a rEvo Instructor)
Lynn Partridge (Vancouver BC)
Steve Sprague (Arlington)

We had a great class diving a great CCR. Our Instructor was Paul Raymaekers from Belgium who is the creator and manufactures the rEvo.

Yet another quality CCR to choose from. The number of good rebreathers coming to market is growing bringing great choices for the consumer.
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Congratulations to each of you!!!! =D>

It was a pleasure meeting Paul on Saturday. He seems like a splendid guy and he certainly has come up with an interesting machine!

The quality options available for CCR divers are certainly expanding, and it's really quite exciting! It wasn't that long ago that CCR manufacturers were regarded as industry pariahs and over the few years things have really taken off.

Can you tell us your personal impressions of the unit? How did it "feel" at depth....similar to other units with back-mounted Counterlungs or different? How did the location of the add valves work for you? Based on your experience, was there anything else that you found to be astonishingly different from other units?

I'm assuming that the rEVO will be available for folks to try out at the CCR Experience coming up in June....right?

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Congrats to the new revo divers! =D> I really want to get a close up look at these new beasts.
You're right- this is an exciting time to be a CCR diver- seems like a lot of new innovations are happening these days.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

rEvo Impressions

Post by Curt McNamee »

John Rawlings wrote:Congratulations to each of you!!!! =D>

It was a pleasure meeting Paul on Saturday. He seems like a splendid guy and he certainly has come up with an interesting machine!

The quality options available for CCR divers are certainly expanding, and it's really quite exciting! It wasn't that long ago that CCR manufacturers were regarded as industry pariahs and over the few years things have really taken off.

Can you tell us your personal impressions of the unit? How did it "feel" at depth....similar to other units with back-mounted Counterlungs or different? How did the location of the add valves work for you? Based on your experience, was there anything else that you found to be astonishingly different from other units?

I'm assuming that the rEVO will be available for folks to try out at the CCR Experience coming up in June....right?

- John
We will have the rEvo along with the KISS, Megladon, Optima and Inspiration at our Rebreather Experience coming up on Sunday June 29th.

The rEvo has back mounted counter lungs and the way it is designed the work of breathing is very good and is even acceptable when on your back.

It has two independent PO2 displays (rEvo Dreams) and two independent HUD's. On the stock unit, one monitors two cells and the other one cell.

On my unit, I have a fourth cell and also a Shearwater Pursuit wired in so I have mine set up a little different.

The Shearwater monitors 3 cells with integrated deco , 2 of the 3 cells are also monitored by the left rEvo Dream. The right rEvo dream monitors just the fourth cell. The left HUD monitors 2 cells and the right 1 cell.

This is a very redundent and well set up PO2 monitoring system with true isolation from one another.

The rEvo is built with a very slim stainless steel case which contains the 2 counter lungs, PO2 cells and gas injection. Because the counterlungs are so close to your back, they breath very well.

The unit is a manual CCR with O2 and Diluent add buttons easily reached on the bottom of the case. At first I did not think I would like that, but it turns out the system works very well and you always know where the buttons are. Doing a Diluent flush is very easy, all you do is press the Diluent button, loosen your lips from around you mouth piece and it all flushes right out and same with the O2 side.

The dual scrubber design builds in alot of saftey and is very easy to pack.

It takes less than 30 seconds to take out the two scrubbers which allows access to both counter lungs, cells and injection system.

The unit is very easy to maintain and clean and you need no tools at all to take care of the routine maintenance.

Proper trim was very simple to achive with good stability in the water and excellent comfort.

With the lack of clutter due to the back mounted counter lungs with very good work of breathing, ease of maintenance, cleaning and redundent systems--this is an excellent rebreather.
Last edited by Curt McNamee on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curt McNamee
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

Congrats to all!

It was fun meeting Paul and getting a little impromptu run down on the rEvo. He's quite an ingenious guy! the fine build quality, thin profile, suspended cells, internal/back mounted counter lungs and the way you can easily access everything through the scrubber ports...very cool! I see that you all were matching that up with shearwaters to boot ... seems like a very cool set up.!

would love to try one out some time.

g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

Gill Envy wrote:Congrats to all!

It was fun meeting Paul and getting a little impromptu run down on the rEvo. He's quite an ingenious guy! the fine build quality, thin profile, suspended cells, internal/back mounted counter lungs and the way you can easily access everything through the scrubber ports...very cool! I see that you all were matching that up with shearwaters to boot ... seems like a very cool set up.!

would love to try one out some time.

g
We will have 2 units at our Rebreather Experience in June and you can try one out.
Curt McNamee
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

thanks Curt, I'll be there!

so many rebreathers, so little time!

g
Gill Envy

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: We did it !!!!

Post by Tangfish »

Congrats on the new rEvo training!
:smt038
sciencediver1
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by sciencediver1 »

Hi Curt,

It sounds like its a really nice unit. I look forward to diving with you so I can see it in the water. Congratulations on completion of the training. Craig
Craig Miller
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

Curt and gang,
steve and I did a dive at the oil docks today... wow, very cool to see the unit in action! ... and sheesh, Steve was spot on with buoency and trim :smt038 He's taken to the rEvo faster than i've ever seen anyone on a rebreather! no fumbling, bouncing or nervous twittering ... he just hung there in the water perfectly... a pure natural, made me kind of jealous! a testament to the thought that has gone into balancing the unit. of course it probably helped that he's been diving a dolphin, but still.

g
Gill Envy

Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

Gill Envy wrote:Curt and gang,
steve and I did a dive at the oil docks today... wow, very cool to see the unit in action! ... and sheesh, Steve was spot on with buoency and trim :smt038 He's taken to the rEvo faster than i've ever seen anyone on a rebreather! no fumbling, bouncing or nervous twittering ... he just hung there in the water perfectly... a pure natural, made me kind of jealous! a testament to the thought that has gone into balancing the unit. of course it probably helped that he's been diving a dolphin, but still.

g
Along with Steve's great diving skills, I have to say that the rEvo is very stable and easy trim out. I felt very good on the unit even on the first dive and did not have change anything.
Curt McNamee
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Great! and I go and jump into a pre-Dema wreck dive trip with a bunch of rEvo guys including Paul.

I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo, I don't need a rEvo,

Dave
Dave Mitchell
Avid Diver

Post by scubagrunt »

Dmitchell wrote:I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, I do need a rEvo, ..... :smt038

Dave
yes you do just cave into your desires!! i happen to know an instructor too!!! :smt064