Do Jet Fins differ based on where they are manufactured?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
HaleyH2O
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Do Jet Fins differ based on where they are manufactured?

Post by HaleyH2O »

I am interested in buying some colored Jet Fins that are apparently made in Taiwan. Some people seem to think the Jets made in Taiwan are less stiff, wider, and -well- inferior. Are any of these assertions true?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Do Jet Fins differ based on where they are manufactured?

Post by CaptnJack »

The different colored scubapro ones all seem to be the same width and stiffness. At least the black vs. pink ones (my wife has multiple pairs including a pink set in the same size as a black set).

I don't know about Taiwanese knockoffs. Honestly I would look only look at original scubapro jets, they truly last forever and any modest price difference is probably worth it in their track record of durability.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
HaleyH2O
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Do Jet Fins differ based on where they are manufactured?

Post by HaleyH2O »

These are supposed to be real Scubapro Jet Fins sold by a dealer. But some people seem to think they are made in Taiwan or China.

If your wife ever needs a new pair of pink jets, let me know. Mine are too big for me! ;)