Warm water BCD

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Warm water BCD

Post by Desert Diver »

What BCD's do you like for warm water? Not interested in a backplate/wing. Light weight is good. Want integrated weights and pockets for stuff. The ones we have been using for years are really, really old. They still work fine and if I could get identical newer ones I might do that, but it may be time to move into the 21st century.
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Re: Warm water BCD

Post by Magoi »

My wife and I recently bought Scubapro Litehawks for warm water diving - took them to the Philippines and Palau for a couple weeks in February. We both were very happy with the BC. Light, low profile, simple, and minimal padding, which limits weighting. They were also very comfortable. We turned the belt pockets upside down to use them as ditchable pouches. There are 2 trim pouches too. We didn't need more than about 12 lb with them, even with a 5 mm full wetsuit. No pockets if you use the pouches for weighting, but a weight belt would let you use the pouches for gear. You could easily add a DiveRite pocket to the unit for storing gear. They are limited for D rings, though. Easy to add D rings to the belt.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Warm water BCD

Post by Gdog »

I have been using the SeaQuest Balance BCD for the last few years for my tropical diving. Ditchable weight pouches snap in, and should you loose one they are cheap to replace. Very comfortable.