Tech gear question

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Tech gear question

Post by ljjames »

Yes, absolutely the manifold + regs is a large part of their 'characteristics' as doubles :)

The big difference I noticed between the old exempt 3500 psi narrow neck steels and the new 3440 standard neck is the overall buoyancy. The Old steels are neutral to a _hair_ positive when empty, the new steels are soundly negative. I have a couple of each for singles and use the 'new' steels when I know I am going to enjoy having a bit of extra weight (like when I'm using FFM for dive with comms or some such shenanigans) or I'm diving with someone and loan them a tank and they are weighted for the heavier steels :)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

CaptnJack wrote:I can't tell the difference between 7/8" and 3/4" hp100s personally. I have 2 of each and either sidemount them in caves or use them as singles. I suspect the real differences are in those old angled genesis manifolds, lordy those are some heavy valves. Thankfully I ditched all of mine long ago and I'm treating my remaining 7/8" valves with kid gloves as they are irreplaceable now.

Yeah I got lucky and have a normal OMS manifold I believe, not angled
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

Thank you all

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau