Scooter

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Scooter

Post by Scubie Doo »

I was to try scooter diving before investing. Any recommendations to accomplish this?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Scooter

Post by CaptnJack »

Most of us can loan you what we ride for a dive. The Tahoe benchmark data are outdated but still relevant
http://www.tahoebenchmark.com/

Although there are a number of changes and new manufacturers out there now. Reality is that 1) getting a used unit, 2) diving it a lot and deciding what you really like/dislike, 3) then upgrading to your ideal unit is a generally wise path.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Scubie Doo wrote:I was to try scooter diving before investing. Any recommendations to accomplish this?
I recommend we go for a dive together since I have two scoots :)
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

The first time I went scootering I exited the water thinking "I wish I had children so that I could sell them and buy a scooter!".

They don't call it crack for nothin'. Be prepared. :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

CaptnJack wrote:Most of us can loan you what we ride for a dive. The Tahoe benchmark data are outdated but still relevant
http://www.tahoebenchmark.com/

Although there are a number of changes and new manufacturers out there now. Reality is that 1) getting a used unit, 2) diving it a lot and deciding what you really like/dislike, 3) then upgrading to your ideal unit is a generally wise path.
Thank you Captn! Much appreciated.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Jeremy wrote:
Scubie Doo wrote:I was to try scooter diving before investing. Any recommendations to accomplish this?
I recommend we go for a dive together since I have two scoots :)
Great! PM me. I promise to leave my big camera rig on the beach the first run :-)
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Penopolypants wrote:The first time I went scootering I exited the water thinking "I wish I had children so that I could sell them and buy a scooter!".

They don't call it crack for nothin'. Be prepared. :)
I already used their college funds for Scuba, so selling them is the next step :-)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

You have a scooter budget? That might help narrow the options to selling only 1 child or multiple children :p
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

come take a DPV class with us, you get to do a couple of dives and try at least 2 or 3 different models....
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

too late ..... he saw the power of my Magnus 950 ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
KaizerWilhelm
Avid Diver

Post by KaizerWilhelm »

You can stop by our factory (Dive Xtras in Mukilteo) and see how they're made. Then we can go on a dive...we've got more scooters than Jeremy :-)
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Let's get Piranhas together Jesse! We can be Ponch and John.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

I'd love to, but my scuba units are low. I just finished a scuba drying room and even though it's badass it set me back a little :)