sartek ebl2200

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

sartek ebl2200

Post by Burntchef »

specs

220 lumens
7 degree focused beam
3aa batteries
depth rated to 1000ft
cost $120ish

pros- very tight white beam, probably as much throw as my 10w hid, twist on/0ff, rated at 3-4 full then 24 hours high brightness and 500 hours at lower setting ( really only impotant in gin clear water where even a dim light will still be good ) great dependable company

cons- stupid little black rubber thingy around the head, i left it on but when it falls off it wont matter.a little long not a biggy for me but i know some of the shorter folk it can be awkward.a little spendy but in comparison to gear over all its well worth it.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: sartek ebl2200

Post by Burntchef »

just have to do a small update on this light. during my trip in the similan islands i some how crushed the head of this light and of course without noticing it went for a few dives. by the time i noticed it wasnt working it was toast. the light module was rusted out and the reflector was shot, the batteries were an ugly mess as well as the copper strip. i sent a email off to sartek explaining that i destroyed there light and asked if i could pretty please buy basically everything minus the delrin tube/handle, their response was to send them the light and it will be replaced free of charge.

now that is customer service. :luv:

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

That is amazing, if everyone had that kind of service we wouldn't have useless garbage sitting in our closets. Did they ask about your warranty card or any information like that?
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

Dashrynn wrote: Did they ask about your warranty card or any information like that?
nope

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

WOW, that is awesome. I wish that all dive gear manufacturers were like the couple light-making companies whose customer service standards are impeccable. Come to think of it, that'd be pretty sweet if car makers would do the same thing!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> kudos for awesome service.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith