The "Ross's Drysuit needs a zipper" garage sale

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
renoun
I've Got Gills

The "Ross's Drysuit needs a zipper" garage sale

Post by renoun »

Help me out. I just tapped the scuba budget to tweak a bunch of gear, bought a couple more tanks, and committed to have a friend build me a light. The only reasonable thing to do is part with some non-essential gear.

OMS 98 (Faber LP-95) tank $100
Gray paint finish, initial Hydro 2/02, Second Hydro with Plus 4/07. Out of VIP, has some spots of rust inside and possibly needs a tumble but no obvious pitting. Will supply with a yoke valve if desired.

Dive Rite 2nd Stage $40
Dive Rite 2nd Stage on 42" hose. Reg has an unknown history but came with tank that was last vipped in 2001.
Both Regs
Both Regs
Back of 2nd Stage
Back of 2nd Stage

Oceanic Veo 100Nx (nitrox) in DSS Boot $125SOLD

TUSA Liberator BC (Med.) $15
Older 37lb lift jacket style BC. Needs replacement or rebuilt power inflator. I held air when I inflated it. What can I say, it is cheap and might be better than cyber diving.
BC Front
BC Front
BC Rear
BC Rear
US Divers ComPro fins (small) $15
Seems like a great warm water fin for paddle fin afishionados.
US Divers ComPro Fins
US Divers ComPro Fins
Scuba Pro DIN to Yoke Adapter

UK Remora Knife $10
3"serrated with hose mount sheath. Friction retention.
4 1/4" Leg Knife $15SOLD
Knives
Knives
Wrist Slate $5
Three page wrist slate

26lb. Weight BeltSOLD

IST Wet Gloves (XL)SOLD

REI 30" Mesh Duffel Bag $5
Doesn't include contents in photo but has little tub of silicone grease on the zipper pull. Zipper runs smoothly.
Mesh Duffel Bag
Mesh Duffel Bag
Catch Bag $5SOLD

8" Tank Boot
Need one, you can have it.

DSS Compass Boot $8 SOLD

XS Scuba Spring Straps SOLD

Dive Rite 32-lb Weight Pockets SOLD

Old Zeagle BC (Large) $40 OBO SOLD

Apallo Bio Fin PRO $25 OBOSOLD

I frequent Mukelto Monday Madness, Cove II on Wednesday evenings, and live in Seattle near Northgate. I'm open to offers and might be willing to swap for the right gear.
Last edited by renoun on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 16 times in total.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: The "Ross's Drysuit needs a zipper" garage sale

Post by Dusty2 »

I'll take the dive rite weight pockets
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Dusty2 wrote:I'll take the dive rite weight pockets
Great, see you Sat.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Just sold some stuff on Craigs List and lowered some prices.

I also remembered that I have a red anodized Catalina S80 (neutrally weighted aluminium 80) tank with an original 1989 hydro and no subsequent hydro tests. I'll sell it really cheap if anybody is interested.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Added a bunch of stuff (knives, DIN to Yoke coverter, regs, BC, wrist slate, gloves, fins, bags, lead weights) to original post and dropped the computer price. Lets make a deal.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Hey Ross - how visible is the display on that computer? As my eyes get older, I have a harder time seeing small print and such... I don't have a dive computer yet, so it sounds pretty appealing - but only if I can read the face :calvin: At least now I have a decent light I can shine on it :supz:

Jim (one piece of kit at a time)
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

RoxnDox wrote:Hey Ross - how visible is the display on that computer? As my eyes get older, I have a harder time seeing small print and such... I don't have a dive computer yet, so it sounds pretty appealing - but only if I can read the face :calvin: At least now I have a decent light I can shine on it :supz:

Jim (one piece of kit at a time)
It's the same one I have and it's a pretty good little 'puter... You can check mine out if you come up this weekend...
Bring yer gear and let's get a dive in... :smt064 Not working Sat so far or Sunday's always good...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

My wife has the VEO 100 air, I have used it a few times and it's pretty easy to see. I have bifocals in my mask however, but still is easy to read over my bifocals.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

RoxnDox wrote:Hey Ross - how visible is the display on that computer? As my eyes get older, I have a harder time seeing small print and such...
It is an adequate computer with a smallish but simple display. The numbers are larger than most wrist watches and look even larger under water. If you aren't night diving much it is probably useful while you save your pocket change and wait for the price of computers with OLED displays like the Predator, Xeo, and Xen to drop in price.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

renoun wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:Hey Ross - how visible is the display on that computer? As my eyes get older, I have a harder time seeing small print and such...
It is an adequate computer with a smallish but simple display. The numbers are larger than most wrist watches and look even larger under water. If you aren't night diving much it is probably useful while you save your pocket change and wait for the price of computers with OLED displays like the Predator, Xeo, and Xen to drop in price.
OK, thanks... I'm going up to get wet with Alexitt Sunday, I'll take a look at his and see if these eyeballs can work with it. If so, and if nobody else snags it from you in the meantime, I might be up for yours :-)

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
KaizerWilhelm
Avid Diver

Post by KaizerWilhelm »

Hey Ross

How much for just the Mk20? It was good to see you last night, btw! Are you going to come into the shop today? If so, lets talk there.

Will Baxter
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Mk20, gloves, DIN to Yoke gone. Anybody need a spare second stage?
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Sold more stuff and even got to dive with the Buyer. DIN to Yoke adapter not sold after all.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Computer, DIN to Yoke, and Slate gone now. Prices Reduced.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I just had to move this stuff in the garage again. Anybody want to make offers?
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

renoun wrote:I just had to move this stuff in the garage again. Anybody want to make offers?
Ross I'll take the remora knife. Next MMM?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Still have the REI Mesh duffle? I'd take it off your hands.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Cleaned up the post to reflect what I currently have for sale. Jake and Finnegankp, I still have the knife and bag if we can ever connect.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

renoun wrote:Cleaned up the post to reflect what I currently have for sale. Jake and Finnegankp, I still have the knife and bag if we can ever connect.

I still want it, I've just been in forced drydock due to infant. I'll be at an MMM soon.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I still want the mesh bag. Just gotta let me know where I could meet you to snag it.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

do you still have the lp95?
pics?