Diamond Knot, Dungeness Crane, Martha Foss

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Diamond Knot, Dungeness Crane, Martha Foss

Post by Jeremy »

Last weekend dove the Diamond Knot, crane (think...wolf eel central!!), and Martha Foss wreck. Fantastic diving!! Great viz and nice exchanges. Special thanks to Bill Minton of Northwest Dive Charters for making this possible...and providing the brats!

http://vimeo.com/103880555
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: Diamond Knot, Dungeness Crane, Martha Foss

Post by deep diver »

Looks like you guys picked the perfect day to dive with get vis and very limited current :supz:
great video, thanks
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

deep diver wrote:Looks like you guys picked the perfect day to dive with get vis and very limited current :supz:
great video, thanks
Thanks!

"Limited current"...sure. :)

Actually dive 1 on the knot was nearly a 1 kt current. Basically had to kick hard to stay in one place. But the second dive was complete slack.

And with the crane we had to wait out the current almost by 3 hrs before we could splash. That site is crazy. The wait was worth it though - we also had complete slack.

Can't believe how many wolf eels live on the crane. I must have seen 5 all at once during one part of the dive. Maybe 10 altogether. They love it. :supz:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Very cool Jeremy! I was waiting for this :)