Dry Dock!!!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Dry Dock!!!

Post by ScubaJess »

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope you are all having a fantastic dive weekend!

I went to Edmonds Underwater Park yesterday for the first time, for 2 dives (dive #10&11)! It was AMAZING!!! There is a place called the Dry Dock! It was stunning! Soooo many huge fish! I saw Cabezon & Ling Cod! Also there were a lot of super cute tiny fish! Nudibranch eggs are the coolest thing ever! Tons to see there! I hope you can all go sometime! Other cool creatures I saw: Leopard Dorid, tons of flounder, lots of funny crabs! Baby hermit crab, clown Nudibranch, sea lemons, white tip Nudibranch, a baby Sunflower Seastar, a huge leather star, mating painted greenlings, a blood star, the biggest crab I've ever seen!!! So many tube snouts, shiner perch, feather duster worms! And many more amazing sea creatures!!!

After that I went for dive #12 at Redondo Beach WA not CA! It was really fun too! I saw 2 Red Octos! We went down to 55' my deepest dive yet!! There is a really cool pipe down there! Saw some green sea urchins, grunt sculpins, buffalo sculpin, sail fin sculpin, a mob of graceful crabs, more Nudibranch eggs, alabaster Nudibranchs, some kind of long fish (kind of like a eel), crescent gunal, and so much more! Then the water got pretty murky! It was getting pretty dark, the rain clouds moved in, so I think this is what night diving is like! It was awesome! Glad I had a super bright light and amazing dive buddy with me!

Sorry for my excessive rambling! I just love diving! It was soooooo cool!! Off to Keystone tomorrow! It will be so nice to go back there!

Have a fun and safe diving weekend everyone!
:) Scuba Jess
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: Dry Dock!!!

Post by BillZ »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dry dock is off limits and any dive on the dry dock could bring severe repercussions.
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

now you need a camera... remember, no pictures it didn't really happen
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

ScubaJess wrote:Sorry for my excessive rambling! I just love diving! It was soooooo cool!! Off to Keystone tomorrow! It will be so nice to go back there!

Have a fun and safe diving weekend everyone!
:) Scuba Jess
Hi Jess!

Thanks for an amazing dive report!

Please don't loose your enthusiasm for our magical underwater world. As long as you keep coming up from your dives babbling like crazy about the cool starfish and everything else you saw, diving will always be a wonder & a joy.

May you keep yours a long, long time.

Best Regards,

Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Great report.....glad to see your enjoying diving so much. Remember the more diving you do the more fun it gets!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Great dive report!!! I'm really happy to see such an enthused diver enjoying the sport!! Hoorah! Keep at it!!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Hey Jess!!! EUP is awesome!!! I have dove there twice and love it too. I am planning on taking my wife there soon so she can see it also. Keep up the enthusiasm nothing wrong with that at all. I hope you have a great dive at Keystone...send is a report from there too please.