3 Awesome Dives in one day!!!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

3 Awesome Dives in one day!!!

Post by ScubaJess »

Star Date: 201411.21

Status Report! Had 3 successful away missions yesterday! Spent the Day diving with Yellow Eye & Deep Diver then met up with some of the ThThTh crowd! GDog & Mpenders!

Mission 1 Flagpole: We launched off in a small red inflatable boat off the Hood Canal! It was really nice & super fast! The weather was a bit rainy and foggy but turned out to be perfect dive temps with amazing clouds and lighting surrounding the distant tree tops! Beamed down 97 feet below sea water, mission lasted 28 Earth Minutes. I made contact with a very old creature called white cloud sponges & lots of Rock fish! The rocks were covered with Zoanthids. The line back up was covered in mussels & clams! Such a stunningly beautiful location! I must go back for further study!

Mission 2, Elephant Wall: After warming up with coffee and whip cream on the boat. I Beamed down 84 feet below sea water, mission lasted 36 Earth Minutes. Made contact with 2 decorated War Bonnets, Gobi's, Squat Lobsters and a Wolf Eel, also saw lots of Sea Whips. It was amazing!

Mission 3, Three Tree Point:
Made contact with the ThThTh team! I Beamed down 61 feet below sea water, mission lasted 61 Earth Minutes!!! My longest ever dive. It was a night dive and I made contact with skeleton shrimp, I chased a Octopus about 13 inches long around for a bit! Also a Rat Fish swam around me, his eyes looked very cool in my light. I think the shrimp were up to something! They must be plotting to take over this region of the Puget Sound. They were massing armies and collecting shells! Also some seemed very acrobatic! Doing back flips, they we're putting on a show for me & it worked! I was so impressed! We also saw rose anemones & lots of baby hermit crabs!

Scuba Jess Signing off! Have a fantastic Friday everyone!!!
Last edited by ScubaJess on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: 3 Awesome Dives in one day!!!

Post by deep diver »

Great review.... and diving with you both. Hope Yelloweye puts his pictures up as I didn't get any without my strobes working.
Thanks for the cookies :burntchef:
It's a good day.... nobody died!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Fun report! Thanks for posting.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

deep diver wrote:Great review.... and diving with you both. Hope Yelloweye puts his pictures up as I didn't get any without my strobes working.
You're welcome! I hope they were dry inside the box!! :)
Thanks again soooooo much for taking us out!! It was so much fun!!! I can't wait to go back! My last dive at Redondo was for 61 min so hopefully I'm getting better for when we go diving again!

Have a fantastic weekend!!! :eric:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

deep diver wrote:Great review.... and diving with you both. Hope Yelloweye puts his pictures up as I didn't get any without my strobes working.
Also I hope your Camera gets well soon! I want to see more of your pics. I hope YellowEye puts his up soon too! I cannot wait to see them. :partydance:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

spatman wrote:Fun report! Thanks for posting.
I'm so glad you enojyed it!! I really love diving!!!

I hear you are the person to contact about aquiring some NW Dive Club swag?? I really need a shirt!! Do you have any left for sale? Any details would be greatly appreicated! :joshsmith:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

I have NWDC stickers, but no shirts. Norris or Penopolypants might have a few left...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I have a few shirts, limited sizes, and a few other things like water bottles and maybe a beanie left.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Great report!

Grateful Diver, my husband and I did Flagpole last Tuesday, on a day when any sane person would have gone out to lunch. The entry against 20 knot winds and through honest-to-goodness breakers was dicey; the surface scooter to the buoy was interesting, but the dive was . . . well, Flagpole is Flagpole, and I have yet to have anything but a fabulous dive there. We saw LOTS of wolf eels, really BIG ones, as well as a big decorated warbonnet, a good-sized GPO, lots of rockfish, and quite the variety of nudibranchs.

The exit felled two-thirds of us.

It was still a good day.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

LCF wrote:Great report!

Grateful Diver, my husband and I did Flagpole last Tuesday, on a day when any sane person would have gone out to lunch. The entry against 20 knot winds and through honest-to-goodness breakers was dicey; the surface scooter to the buoy was interesting, but the dive was . . . well, Flagpole is Flagpole, and I have yet to have anything but a fabulous dive there. We saw LOTS of wolf eels, really BIG ones, as well as a big decorated warbonnet, a good-sized GPO, lots of rockfish, and quite the variety of nudibranchs.

The exit felled two-thirds of us.

It was still a good day.
Sounds like the day at PT when I decided to bag it at least for a while.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Penopolypants wrote:I have a few shirts, limited sizes, and a few other things like water bottles and maybe a beanie left.
Please let me know if you have and small or medium shirts left & how much they are? :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great to meet you Dale -- thanks for taking us out and being such an excellent guide!

Great diving with everyone! And fantastic report, ScubaJess, and congrats again on your progress!

Here were some of my captures...
Dale took us right to this decorated warbonnet on Elephant Wall. And it was sitting right next to another one. According to Dale after I was done taking photos it came right out into the open near the other!
Dale took us right to this decorated warbonnet on Elephant Wall. And it was sitting right next to another one. According to Dale after I was done taking photos it came right out into the open near the other!
Dale knows these sites so well.  He showed us this legendary Red Brotula living in the cloud sponges!  These are extremely hard to take photos of.  I need to figure out how to rig my gear for taking better photos of these!  Pics or it didn't happen right?
Dale knows these sites so well. He showed us this legendary Red Brotula living in the cloud sponges! These are extremely hard to take photos of. I need to figure out how to rig my gear for taking better photos of these! Pics or it didn't happen right?
We didn't find any cockerel's dorids, but I did find this Clown Nudibranch on Elephant wall
We didn't find any cockerel's dorids, but I did find this Clown Nudibranch on Elephant wall
Examples of the zoanthid anemones that cover much of the rocks at Flagpole
Examples of the zoanthid anemones that cover much of the rocks at Flagpole
Wide angle shot with a macro lens
Wide angle shot with a macro lens
Goby's on Elephant Wall!
Goby's on Elephant Wall!
Lots of cool little critters at Flagpole!
Lots of cool little critters at Flagpole!
Have a great weekend! Get out there and dive, the viz is awesome!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Wow! YellowEye! Those turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

when scubajess shows up after doing two dives elsewhere, with the excitement and flurry of words and squeels of pure joy, as she jumps out of yellow eyes' car. Eric has done well in guiding her through critter ID. Wow! That was a great!
Scubajess embodies everything a new addicted diver should and more! If you get a chance to go to a dive site to see scubajess in action! You won't be dissapointed. Best surface report ever! Thanks scubajess! And this report was fun too! And what about the Red Brochula (sp?) at Flag Pole. Not many divers get to see those!

Keep diving scubajess and thanks for the report.

cheers

Bassman
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

[quote="YellowEye"]Great to meet you Dale -- thanks for taking us out and being such an excellent guide!

No problem, anytime.

Great photos!

I guess I will be missing my camera for awhile, the circuit board or hot shoe went out and is on it's way to backscatter.]
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

You're welcome! I hope they were dry inside the box!! :)
Thanks again soooooo much for taking us out!! It was so much fun!!! I can't wait to go back! My last dive at Redondo was for 61 min so hopefully I'm getting better for when we go diving again!
Everything was dry! Thanks.

That's a good 3rd dive time! Keep it up.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

deep diver wrote:I guess I will be missing my camera for awhile, the circuit board or hot shoe went out and is on it's way to backscatter.]
Awww, darn it! Hope you get it back soon.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

BASSMAN wrote:when scubajess shows up after doing two dives elsewhere, with the excitement and flurry of words and squeels of pure joy, as she jumps out of yellow eyes' car. Eric has done well in guiding her through critter ID. Wow! That was a great!
Scubajess embodies everything a new addicted diver should and more! If you get a chance to go to a dive site to see scubajess in action! You won't be dissapointed. Best surface report ever! Thanks scubajess! And this report was fun too! And what about the Red Brochula (sp?) at Flag Pole. Not many divers get to see those!

Keep diving scubajess and thanks for the report.

cheers

Bassman
Agree 1000%. Scubajess is awesome and fun to dive with.