Club Dive 2/8

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Club Dive 2/8

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
A good contingent of us met up with Jeremy at Mukilteo for the club dive today. I'd say we probably had about 10-12 divers. Good to put some faces to some names!

Jeremy was an excellent dive leader, arranging everyone with buddies, giving excellent dive briefings, and successfully navigating everyone to the muk clay wall (a first for many of us!). He also provided homemade chili between dives! Thanks Jeremy!

Marine life highlights of the dives for me were 3 wolfies (including what looked to me like a lesbian pair, but I could be wrong, maybe mis-id'd, or maybe they're just log-mates), a mosshead warbonnet (too shy for photos), lots of gunnels, lots of shrimp, and some nice nudis and tunicates.

On the second dive Keith and I got to meet the man!

There are other stories to tell, but I'll let others chime in with those!

I was impressed by this wolfie's dental hygiene
DSC_6100.jpg
in 4 feet of water
DSC_6181.jpg
shrimp with eggs inside
DSC_6291.jpg
barnacle nudi
DSC_6281.jpg
I was checking out the health of the echinoderms and saw this guy
DSC_6231.jpg
Last edited by YellowEye on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive 2/8

Post by H20doctor »

I was able to make dive 2 today and took Keith to the man with Mr yelloweye of macro skillzz
The best part were the barnacle nudis out in force on eggs doing all kinds of stuff stuck together..
Big props to Jeremy for the food and drinks, water , chips , He had it all :supz: , NIce to see everyone today and some new faces... Here are my shots as the viz was yucky at the Muk today..
nudi 3.jpg
nudi 1.jpg
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Wow, love the shrimp with eggs photo Eric!! Nicely done :)

Had a fantastic day diving with new and old friends. Besides the crazy incident of corking from 100 fsw Matt mentioned (my first reaction to the group was "Hey, Jeff Pack showed up after all!"....just kidding brah!!) we had some guy from Minnesota get in the water with us at the Clay Walls in just a swimsuit....acted like it was no big deal...wow!!

Sorry I missed seeing the Bassman though.

Here's some footage of the day:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Bm_N1jQLvW0[/youtube]
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

First of all, Great Video! Second...Was That Norris in the water, with no shirt on? :eek:
What was that about?
Sorry I got to the party so late. there sure were some, fish cooker, lights there!!!
Still Had a great Dive W/ H20Doc and of course, I finally got to meet The Man! :supz: Thanks Doc, for introducing me to him!
Sorry I missed you Jeremy. Maybe next time, Huh?
Attachments
Met The Man.jpg
Met The Man.jpg (13.97 KiB) Viewed 998 times
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: