Carl Bradley Shipwreck Pictures

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
scubagrunt
Avid Diver

Carl Bradley Shipwreck Pictures

Post by scubagrunt »

Hi Guys they say a picture says a 1000 words well here are a few million words for you!! This was a trip to lake Micigan that Curt and I did to dive the Carl Bradley in 360 ffw! Cold and DEEP, but truely one of the most awsome wrecks i have dived. Curt will follow up with a trip report. Thanks to Capt.Jitka and Lubo and Capt. Ron of Shipwreck Explorers. A first class operation for sure!! To reserve your spot for next years Wreck explorations on lake Michigan, lake Superior, and surrounding area contact Jitka at http://www.shipwreckexplorers.com
mel
Attachments
Erik at the stern mast
Erik at the stern mast
Erik at the stern wheel
Erik at the stern wheel
Curt at the prop
Curt at the prop
The HUGE prop
The HUGE prop
Curt and his camera gear at the bell
Curt and his camera gear at the bell
i managed to squeeze in the wheel house for these shots
i managed to squeeze in the wheel house for these shots
heading to the bow
heading to the bow
Erik at a loading Light in the cargo bay
Erik at a loading Light in the cargo bay
Ron and Jitka at the bell
Ron and Jitka at the bell
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: Carl Bradley Shipwreck Pictures

Post by Burntchef »

awesome pics mel, you gotta love/hate those zebra mussles. i just read the article on on her about the 2 divers who retrieved the bell and replaced it with the new one. i belive the old bell is in a museum or memorial?? curt please add the profile for that dive, i would love to see what your schedule looked like.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
scubagrunt
Avid Diver

Post by scubagrunt »

the real bell is in Rogers city now (the home of the 33 sailors who lost their lives). We did three dives out of four tries, pretty good odds. two were around 330-350 ffw on the bow and the stern dive was 360 ffw. the bow dives had about 3 hrs of deco for me for a 25-30 min bottom time. the stern really kicked my ass, as i did 35 min bottom time and had 4 hrs of deco!! looong time to hang.
mel
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Amazing shots! Looks like pretty good vis, too.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

Very cool! Your pictures are great.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Those pictures are stunning....

Coming up on that at 350 fsw... wow.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Amazing. What an achievement. Thanks for sharing..
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Steve_B
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Steve_B »

Joshua Smith wrote:Amazing shots! Looks like pretty good vis, too.
Thank the mussels. :-) Although they have been a economic disaster, they have cleaned the water. The Great Lakes used to murkier than Puget Sound. Zebra Mussels have scrubbed the water. On the shallower wrecks I have seen they were several inches deep, and cover every surface.

Steven
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

Great pictures Mel. I hope someday to be able to see stuff like that with my own eyes. Your great pictures will do for now though. Thanks.

-Mathue
scubagrunt
Avid Diver

Post by scubagrunt »

Steve_B wrote:Zebra Mussels have scrubbed the water. On the shallower wrecks I have seen they were several inches deep, and cover every surface.

Steven
true enough, but lake superior is still mostly free of the pests and the shipwrecks there are stunning!!!!! i hope the little buggers never make it up to Isle Royle, that would be a huge tradgey.
we are heading up to dive the judge hart and gunelida in north lake superior this week, so no zebra mussels :)!!!!! yipppieeeee!! just wreck to see, cant wait. will post pics on my return
ps CCRs Rock :metal: :bounceline:
mel
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

what are the white tubes that are bunged together on curt in the Bell picture ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

H20doctor wrote:what are the white tubes that are bunged together on curt in the Bell picture ?

They are bouyancy tubes that I made out of schedule 40 PVC pipe to to help support my 21 W HID light heads. This helps to keep my HD camera housing from wanting to roll over on me, they look funky but work well.
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Curt McNamee wrote:
H20doctor wrote:what are the white tubes that are bunged together on curt in the Bell picture ?

They are bouyancy tubes that I made out of schedule 40 PVC pipe to to help support my 21 W HID light heads. This helps to keep my HD camera housing from wanting to roll over on me, they look funky but work well.

So much for all those who told me that my schedule 80 PVC light canister was going to get crushed below 130'....

Sweet pics and report!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Mel/Curt, thank you for sharing the reports and pictures! :smt038
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
ryanone
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryanone »

AHHH..So thats what CCR,S are for.......WoW
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Curt McNamee wrote:

They are buoyancy tubes that I made out of schedule 40 PVC pipe to to help support my 21 W HID light heads. This helps to keep my HD camera housing from wanting to roll over on me, they look funky but work well.

No he is lying he is a terrorist and those are bombs he puts on all the dive sites he visits. :jason:

At least he looks like one to me in that pic.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.