GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 2/4

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 2/4

Post by Bex »

For those of you that remember Wacky Wednesday West, welcome to the revised version. This is first of what is going to be a monthly dive, open to any that want to attend. We will be shooting for different locations each month. I hope you will come out and join us.!

Welcome to GUE Seattle’s Midweek Tweak! This is a once a month dive hosted by GUE Seattle and is open to ANY and ALL divers who want to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques. The Tweak is also a great chance to meet local GUE divers and learn more about the GUE organization.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have plenty of active recreational divers, technical divers, cave divers, instructors, and divemasters who dive with us, and the tweak is a great opportunity to pick up a little extra diving knowledge. If you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it’s a backplate and wing, argon system, a set of double tanks, Jet Fins, a canister light, a new undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask!

Please be sure to contact me or Alex at least three days before the dive if you need a buddy or any equipment so we have enough time to make sure you are set up.

The location of this dive changes month by month to give divers a chance to dive different sites around the Puget Sound throughout the year. If you have never been to the site we are diving this month, this is a great opportunity to buddy up with someone who has experience at the location and can give you an orientation to the site!

This month’s dive is at Alki Cove 2! We will be meeting in the Marination parking lot located at 1660 Harbor Avenue SW, Seattle 98126

If you need last minute fills, 5th Dimension Scuba is right down the road at 3239 Harbor Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA 98126

Dive time is 630 pm.

Please note that we expect to be starting the dive at the splash time, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards, which we like to call Dive 3.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me (Rebekah) or aadolfi (Alex) a Private Message (PM) here on Northwest Dive Club. If you plan on diving this week and need a buddy or equipment, please remember to contact me or Alex at least three days before the dive so we can be sure to have your gear or new friend ready!

We hope to see you there!

Bex
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Re: GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 2/4

Post by aadolfi »

IN!!!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I need to get there earlier. Anybody up for an earlier dive?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Lynne, I actually may be able to make an earlier Dive. How crazy and insanely unlikely would it be if we dove together? Would be one for the ages. What time were you thinking? My only condition is that you'll have to let me shoot a bag and do a mid-water ascent.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

The only topping I'll add to this is to go Waltz or Tango dancing after Dive 3. :-) That'd fulfill everything we've always hoped for!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I'd be up for doing this a bit earlier, maybe meet at 4:30?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

4:30 would work, and then I might also be up for a second dive if there are any new divers who come.

Archis, I have to leave for work at 0530 Thursday am, so I'm not going to be big on going out after diving. In fact, the second dive is almost a stretch :). But actually getting in the water together for the early dive would be COOL! And you can help me figure out how I have to position my HP100 to reach the valve, in preparation for my REC Fundies in a couple of weeks.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I'm in! Meet at 4. Splash at 4:30?
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I'm good with meeting earlier and splashing at 4:30.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll try for early dive.. hoping my sniffles (again) subside by then.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
kanonfodr
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by kanonfodr »

I'm in for a 630 splash, don't know about making dive 3 since I'll be at work early the next day. I'll also be testing my newly serviced inflator valve on my Fusion drysuit as well so...ya...it might be a quick one for me.

Peace,
Greg