PADI talent search :)

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

PADI talent search :)

Post by ljjames »

that got your attention, right?

This popped up on the PADI fb news feed:
We are looking for a Master Scuba Diver local to the Puget Sound area to be in an upcoming video shoot. Interested? Send a 1-2 min video of yourself talking about NW diving and your path to becoming a Master Scuba Diver. Send a link to the video to Western dot Diver at gmail dot com on/before 7 September 2014. Do not send the entire video file, please only send a link to the video.
Attachments
10634041_10152691689583112_9005793053478589266_o.jpg
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: PADI talent search :)

Post by CaptnJack »

Biting tongue about PADI and talent :p

Seriously though I'm wondering what this actually for, free marketing?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

With PADI, I'm surprised they're not trying to charge you for a "Self-Promotion Specialty" class when you send in the video and issuing a card in return. :)
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

They are putting together a series that highlights different specialties and in this case, reasons that taking a Master Diver class or drysuit class enhanced your diving. A testimonial video (its all the rage in corporate world) The lady in PR is from the Northwest and instead of only featuring California or Florida or some tropical destination, she's decided to include some Northwest diving as well.

Alls of yous go on and on here about how people should take continuing ed, and can rattle off 1000 reasons why... Sell it! ;)

Consider this free advertising for diving in the northwest, cause PADI for sure isn't getting jack for free, they are paying for sure, shooting, editing, distribution, time to track down all the moving parts, etc...

Yes, they could pay an actor to play the part of a Northwest Diver, but i suspect they felt it would be cool to highlight a local diver.

And before y'all say "then they should pay the diver they highlight", thats not really how its done. I do this kind of thing a fair bit and was not paid for any of the bits i've done on camera. The promotional value i've gotten from the Puget Sound Starts here short, Sound and Vision and PBS/KCTS9 stuff for the causes I hold dear has been worth it many many times over.

I was thinking someone like Janna could use it as a platform to highlight her work with REEF, or something like that. Or a local photographer... or a diver or dive club that organizes a lot of beach cleanups, or or or... thats why I bothered posting. Simply saw it as an opportunity.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"