Redondo post-dive eating options

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Redondo post-dive eating options

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Billy McHale's is no longer an option for post-dive eating at Redondo. Closed down. I know some of you weren't fans, due to lack of selection, but it did have a few good items, and there aren't many options in that area.

I did find that there's an El Rinconsito nearby though! This is another location of the same good Mexican place that can be found near Three Tree... (the place where the Mexicans eat!) http://www.elrinconsito.com/ Only bad part is they don't serve beer. They have some really good juices though.

Anybody else have any options they like in the area? Some people have been going to the Ram?

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Re: Redondo post-dive eating options

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

Eric,
Billy McHale's moved down behind Total Wine (Pacific Hwy / 234th).

Gdog, EJ, Scoobie and I ate there after our dives on Friday. Mixed reviews: same beer selection, no Burger of the Gods, loud and annoying music (unless you're Scoobie).

It was a Friday so we thought we'd go back on a Thursday and give them another chance. Tristan, the server, is still there but wasn't working on Friday.

I haven't seen any pics from last night. How'd it go?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If you come up the winding road on the north end of the site, when you get to the light where you have Safeway on your left, there is a small, grey strip mall with an excellent Thai restaurant in it. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name.

If you go north on Marine View Drive a couple of miles, there's a sushi place on the right (low, red building) which is also excellent.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

We go into Des Moines > Red Robin. Gave up on Salty's a few years back. Tried it again a couple weeks ago. Naw.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

If you're gonna go to Des Moines, I recommend Wally's Chowder House ... about a block up the road from the Red Robin. Just be prepared to wait a short while for a table. The food's fantastic ... especially the chowder. And they serve beer ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

+1 for Wally's, you want a 1 piece if your going for the fish and chips, unless you are really hungry. Unfortunately, I have developed a wheat intolerance, and I will be giving the Thai place a shot. Thank's Lynn!
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Depends on what you are looking for. There are restaurants all over that area. You can find just about any sort of ethnic food you desire in that area. The black bear is a great place for lots of good American comfort food but I don't think they have booze. If your looking for socializing with beer and food you might try Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse - jimmymacsroadhouse.com‎ Steaks, prime rib, Texas BBQ, Crabcakes and unlimited peanuts! 34902 Pacific Hwy South, Federal Way, WA‎
(253) 874-6000 Fair warning it ain't cheap!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Jimmy Mac's is awesome! Similar to Billy McHale's, but the food's better ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Both Wallys and Jimmy Macs sound good.