The GoPro Killer Has Arrived

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Re: The GoPro Killer Has Arrived

Post by Dashrynn »

I'm curious about the low light performance and if the gopro higher frame rate helps. Did you shoot in the sj4000 stabilizer mode Norris?
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

So I just used default settings and shot this when a buddy of mine and myself hit flagpole a couple weeks ago

Also I do not have any lights for it yet so this is not a great advertisement for the camera.

I think it is comparable, but that is coming from someone that is not a camera/videophobe

phpBB [video]
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I'd say it looks pretty good. The viz was amazing too! What was it? 30 ft? 40 ft?
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Bubbling this backup.

Norris you still using this? And you still like? I've considered getting one, but would be nice to hear more about it.

Any others using it, besides ones that can't post :pirate:
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I still use it and like it just fine. I am thinking about getting a couple more as the prices have come way down.

or for a little more you have the WIFI option

**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
monk
Avid Diver

Post by monk »

Wow! Thanks for the update. I guess it's time for me to get off the fence and buy one of these.
M_bipartitus
Getting To Know Folks

Post by M_bipartitus »

I took the plunge and ordered one. It may be worth noting that there is a newer series, the SJ5000s (2 shipping, one soon to be released), but I have read un-confirmed comments that the new version is not as good in low light. Also, it's currently twice the cost. None-the-less, I hope to have a few test clips up in the next few weeks.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Post by bschnabel »

If you are on the fence about getting this or a gopro, I compared this to a gopro 3 black and did not notice a difference. Plus you have a built in LCD screen. I love the camera, and cant go wrong at the price point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_KRWD ... 8kiwAr8hJQ