Alkin 3.5cfm SCUBA Air Compressor

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Alkin 3.5cfm SCUBA Air Compressor

Post by yadayada »

Nice compressor, with limited hours on the clock - We got this as backup but not being used and too small for our needs - additional filter mini tower & mixing stick available
$3,200
Attachments
WP_20150321_008.jpg
WP_20150321_007.jpg
Last edited by yadayada on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Alkin 4.5cfm SCUBA Air Compressor

Post by CaptnJack »

typo in your title, its 100 L/min = 3.5cfm
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Re: Alkin 4.5cfm SCUBA Air Compressor

Post by yadayada »

good catch thank you!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Alkin 3.5cfm SCUBA Air Compressor

Post by kdupreez »

this is similar to the airetex brand?
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Alkin (manufacturer in turkey) and airtex (distributor in TX) are one in the same. I have one of these.

I would not run it "continuous" as its not really built for continuous duty as the advertised. Its fine running an hour or maybe max 2 hrs at a time. I try to avoid pumping on the hottest days of the year because it is only splash lubricated and has a small oil sump. Oil changes every 25 to 40hrs depending on temps. The filter is basically a 10hr filter. Its O2 clean gas out of the primary filter (if new) but needs a secondary filter stack to meet moisture specs. Its not Bauer quality, but seems to be working out for me. Recommended if you are handy and contentious. Avoid compressors if you aren't into it.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Thought they were the same.. AireTex had a special late last year on the AireTex45 model pumping 4.3cfm for $2995 (brand new)

Bruce Dodson the owner of AireTex said the 45 model is a very low 1,100 RPM model thats rated for continues duty.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

This model is rated for "continuous" duty too. But the issue is the way the crank shaft is supported and it should not be considered continuous in a shop sense. It has been fine for my home use but I try to be gentle with it too.