WANTED - Faber 68cf (Slim 72's) cylinders

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
SealScott
Frequent Bubbler

WANTED - Faber 68cf (Slim 72's) cylinders

Post by SealScott »

I'm on the hunt for Faber 68cf steel cylinders (originally marketed by ScubaPro as "Slim 72's").

These are not your common variety 72cf steels. They are 19" circumference (6" diameter), 25" tall and have a working fill pressure of 3000 psi. They were manufactured with a + rating and the cylinder markings will display the following data:
"SCUBAPRO DOT-3AA 3000-91/9050/" and "M8303 FABER italy"

I'm looking for one or more of these Italian steels in working condition. Not concerned about the condition of the valves or the cosmetics of the cylinder, as long as any rust is only surface and the cylinder has passed hydro in the last 5 years (10 years if they haven't been used in the last 5+ years). Please, no "cave filled" cylinders.
SealScott
Frequent Bubbler

Re: WANTED - Faber 68cf (Slim 72's) cylinders

Post by SealScott »

Found!

If anyone runs across these in the future, PM me. There may be someone else I know who will want a pair of these.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Re: WANTED - Faber 68cf (Slim 72's) cylinders

Post by rcontrera »

Those were my wife's favorite tanks. She said it was like diving with nothing on her back. I, on the other hand, us the big ol' boilers. I think she has a couple of them in the garage but I am sure they are out of hydro since we don't dive anymore and I just use them (and others) from time to time for compressor capacity tests.