New diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
pm30
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New diver

Post by pm30 »

Hi everyone! I'm a very, very new diver, I went on my first post-certification dives last weekend (and had a great time!). My diving frequency is currently limited due to rental gear costs, but I'm still excited to be able to dive when I can and am looking forward to hopefully getting to meet some of the dive community.

Pam
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Re: New diver

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Welcome to diving AND this board! Check out the dive planning section for dives posted each week. There is a standing dive every Wed at Cove 2 and the Thursday night dive moves around but is always posted so check back often! Check here and on Craigslist for gear if you are looking to buy your own which I highly recommend. You can ask around to get any input/advice. I've got a spare BC from Mares you are more than welcome to try out if you are interested. I think it's a size small but could check. Feel free to private message me if you wanna give it a test dive :)
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome Pam! Glad to see you've joined!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Welcome! I dive with the kids when I can get them motivated, so if gear is holding you up from getting out there holler. I have gear to share, I can rarely talk the kids into going out around here with me unless they are diving for groceries. They are kinda small though, but we have tanks, regs, etc that are not size dependent. Since it is the kids' gear, it is always serviced regularly. I don't take chances.

I am booked most of the rest of this month, but looking to get some diving in on weekdays or in early June so I can get to the magical 100 number in time to register for Self Reliant Diver class.

Hope to see you out there soon!

sarina