Where is everyone hiding?

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

Hi. I'm new here. Where is everyone? Come out, let's go diving...
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Re: Where is everyone hiding?

Post by Linedog »

Welcome to the club, I'm home hiding with a cold.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

Oh no, feel better! I do not have a cold, but I do have my electric pillow neatly tucked behind my back. When does it stop raining?
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

June
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I wish that were funny.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

There is usually a short break in the rain sometime in April, but summer doesn't really start until July.
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

Ah, I accept the inevitable, then. Rain is awesome! At least we are breathing fewer pollutants, and I do not have to water my lawn. Linedog, hopefully you get well soon. Would you fancy a dive together once you get better?
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Marco...
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Rain is awesome. It keeps our area green all year.
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

It has a calming effect, too, I have been feeling more at peace with the universe since I moved here from NY. Mz, I checked out your videos. I have never seen one marine creature eating another. Compared to NY, this place is a fish goulash!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

kr2y5 wrote:It has a calming effect, too, I have been feeling more at peace with the universe since I moved here from NY. Mz, I checked out your videos. I have never seen one marine creature eating another. Compared to NY, this place is a fish goulash!
Yeah, it's cool here.
What part of the sound are you at?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthews_Beach,_Seattle... technically not by the sound, but certainly well within a shouting distance.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Welcome! What part of NY are you from?
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

Thanks! Most recently Long Island, previously upstate... did you move here from NY as well? I see Portland, OR is not that far from Seattle. Where in Oregon do you dive?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

We occasionally dive the Oregon coast, but it it is fickle with weather and tides. Mostly we drive up to the Sound or Hood Canal.

I've been on the west coast since '89, but originally from Manhatten and Long Island since '69.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I grew up on Long Island. Born in Flushing, lived in Bethpage. Sure I wouldn't recognize a single thing if I were to go back!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

Oh, my! It feels cozy in here :-). Bethpage is only 1.5 train stations from Westbury, where I have spent 4 wonderful years riding the drunken train. I learned to scuba dive in the Eisenhower Park swimming pool. We used to drive to Flushing quite often to eat out (my wife is Korean, and I am a die hard fanatic of everything Korean).
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Once my sinus' clear up I'd be game for a dive at Matthew's Beach. It's been a while since I visited the Lake!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I live in Kenmore, so Matthew's Beach is just a short drive down Bothell/Lake City Way. Don't know what there is to see in that part of the Lake. The only time I've been in the lake was at the I-90 bridge.

My college roommate was from Flushing. Does that count? (We were at MIT.)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

GearHead wrote:I live in Kenmore, so Matthew's Beach is just a short drive down Bothell/Lake City Way. Don't know what there is to see in that part of the Lake. The only time I've been in the lake was at the I-90 bridge.

My college roommate was from Flushing. Does that count? (We were at MIT.)
There's a barge a bit south of the beach. I forget the depth and its a barge, but better than sand.

Perhaps someone here can give you better directions than me.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kr2y5
Avid Diver

Post by kr2y5 »

Nwbrewer wrote: Once my sinus' clear up I'd be game for a dive at Matthew's Beach. It's been a while since I visited the Lake!
GearHead wrote: I live in Kenmore, so Matthew's Beach is just a short drive down Bothell/Lake City Way. Don't know what there is to see in that part of the Lake. The only time I've been in the lake was at the I-90 bridge.
CaptnJack wrote: There's a barge a bit south of the beach. I forget the depth and its a barge, but better than sand. Perhaps someone here can give you better directions than me.
Thanks, I'll take you up on that offer! It is still a bit surreal to know that I might be living next to a legitimate dive spot. And, likewise, if you need company to dive in your own backyard, I'd be happy to drive up there...
GearHead wrote: My college roommate was from Flushing. Does that count? (We were at MIT.)
Sure it does. I also lived at some point in the suburbs of Boston.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, you have to dive in Lake Washington before you can call it a legitimate dive spot. I still remember my first dive on the bomber, where I made the mistake of not arresting my descent when we hit 145. If you keep going, the water just gets thicker and the viz gets worse, if that is even possible . . .
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Not a big fan of lake diving myself. Yeah, I spent a summer diving on the airplanes and mine sweepers and such ... but those dives tend to be mostly ascents, when you get right down to it. With few exceptions, after you've circled the plane or boat a time or two it gets kinda boring. I would sometimes amuse myself by picking up crawdads and dropping them onto my buddy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Grateful Diver wrote:Not a big fan of lake diving myself. Yeah, I spent a summer diving on the airplanes and mine sweepers and such ... but those dives tend to be mostly ascents, when you get right down to it. With few exceptions, after you've circled the plane or boat a time or two it gets kinda boring. I would sometimes amuse myself by picking up crawdads and dropping them onto my buddy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Best rinse your gear could ever get though
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Thing about Lake Washington is that if you're not at a structure of some sort, the only thing you'll see is mud, and maybe a crawfish or two.

That said, I'd be up for a dive around the north end sometime. But I'll have to endure a week in Cozumel first.