Hi!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Jake Watrous
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hi!

Post by Jake Watrous »

Life-long resident, and have been diving since I was 14, but this will be my first year diving in cold water. I'm still testing out which gear (especially suit) I want to commit to buying now that I don't have to worry about cramming everything onto a plane or dealing with rental gear, but I'm looking forward to joining you folks under the waves!

My wife figures there's no way in hell she's diving in the Sound (she gets cold in 5mm in the tropics, and won't wear a suit she can't pee in), so I'll be looking for buddies and groups too.

Jake
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Hi!

Post by CaptnJack »

Women can pee in drysuits too...

You can find threads about "how" here on NWDC or have your wife check out Laura's page, she's the distributor and local.
http://www.she-p-na.com/She-P_Marketplace.html

I would not recommend a wetsuit or "semi-wet" (also known by the more positive but illusionary term "semi-dry") for anyone male or female in Puget Sound. Its not a path towards long term enjoyable diving.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

CaptnJack wrote:...I would not recommend a wetsuit or "semi-wet" (also known by the more positive but illusionary term "semi-dry") for anyone male or female in Puget Sound. Its not a path towards long term enjoyable diving.
That is good advice, think dry suit.

Welcome!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome! I'm a lady that pees in her suit....well, through it, with the above mentioned device. And another vote for a dry suit...It's damn cold out there!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Jake Watrous
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Jake Watrous »

Thanks for the advice!

Are there any brands of dry suits that you'd recommend for a tall man? I'm 6ft 7 with a 38in waist and big shoulders.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC Jake!

What's your budget for a drysuit? There are a number of good suit makers out there, with an equally wide range as far as prices are concerned.

I've been diving a DUI since 'Nam it seems (thing just keeps on ticking) but if I were to get one today I would look at the Santi suits, which have been great in terms of quality but the other week I found out what the prices are now and was shocked (so I will keep diving the DUI until it dies a slow death).