Greetings!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
efg34
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Greetings!

Post by efg34 »

Hello folks!

I am just getting into the local diving scene, but have been certified since 2008. Other than OW/Drysuit/AOW certification all my dives have been in warm water, but I'm looking forward to spending more time in Puget Sound and other local dive spots. My day job is a program manager for Xbox and I'm also an avid sailor and saxophonist.

My wife is my travel dive buddy but she's not that interested in diving cold water. So I'd love to find some like-minded dive buddy companions to explore the area with, primarily between Edmonds and Tacoma.

Eric
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Greetings!

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have weekly dives that you are welcome to join, and we're having a dive/bbq at Sund Rock tomorrow. We can set you up with a buddy either at the weekly dives or tomorrow. Keep your eye on the dive planning forum here: http://nwdiveclub.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Or feel free to post there yourself!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Welcome, look forward to seeing you out there! do you live closer to seattle or olympia?
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board!
efg34
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by efg34 »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm in Renton and just joined the TL Sea Club in Des Moines. Went on a club dive with them on Sunday to Titlow Beach. Still getting reacclimated to dry suit diving, but it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to getting out there again soon.

I'm slowly putting together a diving kit. I've so far acquired a BC, regs, computer, and prescription mask. Keeping my eyes out for exposure suits and other gear as well so I don't have to rent all the time and increase my dive frequency.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

What size are ya?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
efg34
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by efg34 »

Norris wrote:What size are ya?
Large for most stuff. I'm 5'10", 170#.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Damn same height, but I was a little larger when I used this drysuit.

I have a BARE Nex gen that simply needs a zipper but I was 5'10 225

Probably a little loose on ya, but I wish you luck on the hunt.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**