Hello from the new guy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Wolver
Getting To Know Folks

Hello from the new guy

Post by Wolver »

Hello, I recently relocated to the Seattle area ( Covington) from Ohio/Michigan. I am looking to finally get some diving in around the Sound. I am hoping to be able to get a few dives in May 31 through June 3. If anyone has any dive plans and are willing to show me around, please message me. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Ryan
hennessy56@gmail.com
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Hello from the new guy

Post by Tangfish »

Hi Ryan and welcome to NWDC!

Tell us a little more about you and your diving, and that'll help match you with some buddie(s) and know the right dive sites to show you around. What level of experience do you have (how many dives, how deep are you comfortable going?) and do you already have gear or do you need to rent/borrow some?

There are some great groups doing weekly dives on the regular. Since you're in the Covington area I suggest maybe turning up for the Thursday South Sound dives (look for titles with "ThThTh" in the dive planning forum)

:funky:
Wolver
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Wolver »

Hello Tangfish. I have just completed my 151 dive. Most dives have been warm water. 40% of my dives have been cold water diving in Ohio quarries and Lake Huron shipwrecks. I am rescue and stress certified. I own all my gear. Diving with a farmer john 7mm wet suit until I can get a DUI or similar, I have about 10 drysuit dives under my belt. I dive with a steel HP130 (needs hydro). I am comfortable going down to 100+ fsw. I am not in the greatest of shape, so I prefer shorter surface swims. I do tend to suck down a lot of air, hence the hp130. I have never dove cold salt water so my weighting will need to be adjusted. I like critters and wrecks. Hope that helps. Looking forward to meeting/ diving with some of you.
Ryan
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

You sound like you'll do just fine, and many of the dive sites people dive regularly are not current intensive (Cove 2, Mukilteo, Redondo (mostly)).

There is a dive at Lighthouse State Park in Mukilteo tonight at 6:15pm, followed by some beers at the Diamond Knot brewery if you're interested:
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24342

Or else there's this three headed beast of a dive plan going on down South, closer to where you are, tomorrow:
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24357

I'm 100% on the dive today but 50/50 on the one tomorrow.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

If your down for a 6pm dive on the 31st I am hosting one in Edmonds.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Wolver
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Wolver »

Thanks Tangfish. I travel for work quite frequently and I will not be back in the area until Saturday morning. I wish I could take you up on the offer but maybe next time I will be local.

Norris, Sunday dive sounds possible. I will let you know by Saturday if I am in. Thanks for the offer.

Ryan