Hello my fellow divers

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Lynx
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello my fellow divers

Post by Lynx »

I found this site hoping to connect with divers in my area and around the state. So a little about me might help.

My name is Andy, I live out in Spokane, WA and I am also out in the Seattle area frequently for work. I am a relatively new diver, I got certified OW in November 2015 and advanced OW in January 2016. Since then I have logged 52 dives totaling 32 hours and counting. I dive a mix of day, night and occasionally deep to around 100'. All of my dives have been down in the Caribbean so I have no cold water experience yet, these lion fish won't get rid of themselves.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hello my fellow divers

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!

Mmm....lionfish.....
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome!

Got some plans for getting into the rich local waters?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the addiction :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Lynx
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Lynx »

I won't return to the area for a few months but I plan on getting in wherever I can once I'm back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Hello Andy,
I see a group from Spokane that comes over at least one a month to dive and train at Cove 2 here in Seattle. Check around the dive shops in your area and see if you find any making a weekend trek out here to the "left coast". Next time I see them here I'll get more info.
Cheers
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hi Andy,

It's quite a transition from warm to cold water, but there are plenty of folks here to help you do it. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, I did the conversion myself many years ago :)
Lynx
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Lynx »

Yeah I'll have to connect with people once I get back. I look forward to the transition, I've heard diving in the NW is a whole new experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk