Rollergirl gone Diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Slammi
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Rollergirl gone Diver

Post by Slammi »

Hi!

Local West Seattle diver, looking to log more dives. I play rollerderby year round, but heading into off season I want to maximize on the diving opportunities! I've been diving about 8 months, have my advanced cert, all my own gear (except tanks) and am interested in underwater photography- I definitely need some pointers... so any help is welcomed. I'm hoping to go at least once a week, preferably more...

Excited to be here!
Annelise
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Rollergirl gone Diver

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the group diver/rollergirl. Not real sure of regular dives in the West Seattle area but there are some in the North and South. Keep an eye on the Dive Planning section of the site.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings Annelise.
I hope we can dive together soon. I usually dive Thursday nights if you want to join us.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! Roller derby is fun to watch. Who do you play with?

Our Thursday group usually dives in the South Sound area and has some spectacular and incredibly nice photographers in the group. Keep an eye on the Dive Planning section to see what's up each week. You'll get set up with a buddy if needed.

Happy diving!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Awesome, love watching roller derby :) welcome to the board.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome!

As mentioned we have a lot of photographers geeking out on our Thursday night dives. Look for the threads with a title of ThThTh in the planning section. We usually post the plan by each Tuesday night. Here is the one for this week: http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25530

Hope to see you there soon!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
GearHead
Submariner

Rollergirl gone Diver

Post by GearHead »

Welcome!
My advice is take the time to make sure your buoyancy and control of your position is rock solid before bringing a camera underwater. Taking pretty pictures is a fun goal for down the road.
Master the fundamentals of diving first. This includes being proficient in anti-silting kick styles, such as frog kick, modified flutter, helicopter, and back kick. With these skills you will be able to hover close to the bottom where the neat critters are, without stirring up the muck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I just saw this. I'm a local west Seattle resident who dives all the time! Fortunately for you, one of the best dive shops is located in WestSeattle. Go to 5th Dimension and say hi to Mark from me.

Ping me anytime you want to go diving. Since my drysuit is out for repairs, I'm doing a lot of recreational diving in my semi-dry backup suit.

I'm literally 5 minutes away from cove 2, so I usually need a 60 minute heads up and I'm ready to dive.