Newbie caught the dive bug

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
biochemical
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Newbie caught the dive bug

Post by biochemical »

Hey all,

My name is Sam. I recently got beginning open water certified through Seattle Scuba (PADI) in the Puget sound and took a trip to Belize where I got in four more dives. I think I caught the scuba bug! I just want to go again! I am a grad student at UW looking to dive with people in the Seattle area (but willing to drive for cool dive sites). For now, I will just have to rent gear due to my financial situation (being a grad student and all). I want to do a drysuit certification and advanced open water soon. I'm excited to meet people and get out there diving. I would love to get involved in some dives if there is a way to do so!

Thanks.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Re: Newbie caught the dive bug

Post by yadayada »

Welcome to the sport! Watch these page for planned dives, check some of the local dive clubs, look at the calendars of shop dives at the various dive stores in the area...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Newbie caught the dive bug

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the addiction! I went to Belize last Thanksgiving and had a great time.

We have weekly meetings in the area, although they are to the North and South Sound areas. You are welcome to join them.

And as far as gear goes, you may be able to borrow some here and there. Definitely try as much as you can before you buy.

Happy diving!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!