Hey folks

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Shaun_Darragh
Just Settling In

Hey folks

Post by Shaun_Darragh »

Newish Seattle diver here....

I did a few discovery dives in Maui a few years ago (Molokini, St Anthony's) and got my open water in February 2016. Since then I've been back to Maui, off Lanai, and gotten dry suit certified here this summer.

As soon as my new dry suit arrives from USiA, I expect to sign up for advanced open water (September or October) and rescue diver in November. Then it's off to someplace warm for a dive vacation in February with my wife who's been diving for 20 years.

I'd love to tag along on a trip or 3 locally with anyone who wouldn't mind a newbie following along. Not great on air yet but getting better. Have pretty much all gear except tanks...would likely rent 117s.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hey folks

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have weekly dives in the north and south sound that you are welcome to join. Keep your eye on the dive planning section or feel free to post yourself.

It's nice to have a built in dive/travel buddy. :) I have been trying for years to get Mr. Pants to at least try it, but nope.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hey folks

Post by Gdog »

I think once you get used to your drysuit, you will love it. As Pen said, watch the weekly planning posts and join in. There is also a group diving out of Kitsap area now too. Welcome!