Howdy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Ready4Launch
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Howdy

Post by Ready4Launch »

Actually, I don't live in the PNW. I live in Oxnard Dunes in Ventura County, CA, but my gf and I love Seattle, Portland, WA, and OR. We actually almost moved to Hood River, and someday I'd like to definitely move up to the area. But, for now, I have to suffice with visits and semi-frequent work trips.

Anyhow, I was just recently certified in Feb. 10 dives and going, and going out tomorrow on the Spectre (likely out to Anacapa Island). Current locale gives me great access to diving, and it's really easy to wake up in the morning to dive since I'm right down the road from Ventura Harbor for some great boats along with a short trip to Santa Barbara for Truth Aquatics.

Figured I'd hop on this forum since it was recommended from Scubaboard that many here like to show visitors the sound and PNW diving. This being the introductory forum, it's probably not the precise spot for this, but I'm heading up there for about 5-6 weeks at the end of this month for work. Would really like to get some bottom time. This first weekend in May is almost certain, and hoping to get at least 1 more day in while up there for the time.

Ideally, it'd be cool to link up with some people to dive with while up there, and perhaps reciprocate the favors one day by opening the spare room as a place to stay while heading out to the Channel Islands.

Cheers!

:pirate: :funky: :dj: :koolaid: :breakdance: :gunslinger: :metal: