Scooter Fun

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Scooter Fun

Post by Nwbrewer »

Since Fishstiq is layed up with a swollen ankle - http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9667 he was gracious enough let me make sure he scooter didn't have to stay dry to long. Mattleycrue and I went to Mukilteo last Wednesday for a little scooter fun. :metal: Enjoy -

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/6771031[/vimeo]
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
sungurl
Aquaphile

Re: Scooter Fun

Post by sungurl »

That looks like so much fun........someday I wanna try that, lol...thanks for sharing the video...too fun :clap: :partydance: :clap:
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Nice! :supz:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Muscle atrophy is defined as a decrease in the mass of the muscle; it can be a partial or complete wasting away of muscle. When a muscle atrophies, it becomes weaker, since the ability to exert force is related to mass; muscle atrophy is a co-morbidity of several common diseases, but the most common cause among scuba divers is the excessive use of DPV's or Dive Propulsion Vehicles, also known as Scooters.

Disuse atrophy occurs from a lack of physical exercise. In most people, muscle atrophy is caused by not using the muscles enough. People that use DPV's, have sedentary jobs, medical conditions that limit their movement, or decreased activity levels can lose muscle tone and develop atrophy. This type of atrophy can be reversed by both flutter kicking and frog kicking while diving.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Don't you have to first have muscle mass in order to loose it. I'm pretty sure that would make Joe immune.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Don't you have to first have muscle mass in order to loose it. I'm pretty sure that would make Joe immune.
:evil4:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:Muscle atrophy is defined as a decrease in the mass of the muscle; it can be a partial or complete wasting away of muscle. When a muscle atrophies, it becomes weaker, since the ability to exert force is related to mass; muscle atrophy is a co-morbidity of several common diseases, but the most common cause among scuba divers is the excessive use of DPV's or Dive Propulsion Vehicles, also known as Scooters.

Disuse atrophy occurs from a lack of physical exercise. In most people, muscle atrophy is caused by not using the muscles enough. People that use DPV's, have sedentary jobs, medical conditions that limit their movement, or decreased activity levels can lose muscle tone and develop atrophy. This type of atrophy can be reversed by both flutter kicking and frog kicking while diving.
Don't worry Pez, it was fun, but I have no intention of buying one anytime soon. I'll go kicking with ya, we'll see all the cool little critters, while these guys just zoom around trying not to run into ratfish.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Me too!!!

Proud to finally be a Image KICKER!!!!

Great article Chris.. :clap: :clap:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**